ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Has anyone changed their mobile provider from Verizon to Visible ?

UpstateGC

Gold Member
Jul 31, 2007
I meant to say "Visible" not Vision.

First of all, I know that Verizon owns Visible.

If you have changed from Verizon to Visible, then explain why and how to you like their service so far. Pros & Cons

For the people who have decided not to make this change, then explain why.
Pros & Cons

I'm not even sure if my older model Motorola Android is even compatible.

Thanks. I respect all of you technical guru FGFers opinions !

Last edited:
I doubt anyone will answer you because, I think you mean Visible. Which is kind of a funny name since VZ kind of keeps it a secret. The service is the same as VZ as far as I can tell. The deal where you get it for $25/line (unlimited voice, text, & data) if you get 4 lines looks like a steal. I am planning on switching a few phones for my company, but I haven't done so yet.

I have Visible and it works fine, join the Visible group on Facebook and you can easily find people to make a group of four.

OT but I recently dropped Verizon in favor of Xfinity mobile. Was paying $130/mo for 2 lines. Now paying $60. Xfinity uses Verizon towers so coverage is the same.

I doubt anyone will answer you because, I think you mean Visible. Which is kind of a funny name since VZ kind of keeps it a secret. The service is the same as VZ as far as I can tell. The deal where you get it for $25/line (unlimited voice, text, & data) if you get 4 lines looks like a steal. I am planning on switching a few phones for my company, but I haven't done so yet.
Yea, I screwed up right away, on the heading. I meant to say "Visible".

I meant to say "Visible" not Vision.

First of all, I know that Verizon owns Visible.

If you have changed from Verizon to Visible, then explain why and how to you like their service so far. Pros & Cons

For the people who have decided not to make this change, then explain why.
Pros & Cons

I'm not even sure if my older model Motorola Android is even compatible.

Thanks. I respect all of you technical guru FGFers opinions !

That little wrench icon allows you to edit posts

A caller to Clark Howard said the difference they discovered is in some more rural areas, Verizon serviced phones will use other cell towers when their signal is weak. when you have Visible, it will only use the Verizon tower.

so technically the coverage is the same, but in practice, if you have visible and use your phone outside of cities where a Verizon tower might not be nearby, you’ll have more problems.

A caller to Clark Howard said the difference they discovered is in some more rural areas, Verizon serviced phones will use other cell towers when their signal is weak. when you have Visible, it will only use the Verizon tower.

so technically the coverage is the same, but in practice, if you have visible and use your phone outside of cities where a Verizon tower might not be nearby, you’ll have more problems.
Thanks, that's the information I am looking for because I live in a rural area.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT