ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Headed to Greenville - Best Places to Eat and Things to Do?

CavDad62

Sep 9, 2010
Made my first trip not too long ago, but it was only for a few days - saw the Falls, a little bit of the Swamp Rabbit Trail, and ate at Smoke on the River.

Headed up again soon - what are some neat places to eat, must-see places, and any good night-life spots?

Staying downtown.

TIA

Made my first trip not too long ago, but it was only for a few days - saw the Falls, a little bit of the Swamp Rabbit Trail, and ate at Smoke on the River.

Headed up again soon - what are some neat places to eat, must-see places, and any good night-life spots?

Staying downtown.

TIA
Georgio’s.....across Main Street from old Poinsettia Hotel. Also, Northampton Wines at 211-A East Broad Street

Staying downtown.

TIA
It’s smoke on the water and for the money can’t be beat.

Pomegranate on Main is our favorite restaurant. It’s on Main across the street from Falls Park, and an easy walk from downtown Embassy Suites, Hampton Inn, etc. It’s locally owned, Persian style kabobs. And at lunch it’s only about $10 per plate which is amazing for the quality of food and atmosphere. It’s not super fancy but just enough to feel like a nice day out. At dinner it’s 15-20 per meal, so we pretty much usually do lunch.

Reactions: CavDad62
Rick Irwin’s westside grill at falls park or going fine dining. Wife and I are going for a pre-birth get away. Have to stay close just in case so it was our only option.

Staying downtown.

TIA

If you don’t go to Luna Rosa at least for the gelato then you’re making a huge mistake. I’ve been to little Italy’s all across this country and have never had better. They have Italian meals as well and they’re pretty good but the gelato is a must.

Staying downtown.

TIA
If you get up to Traveler’s Rest be sure to check out Chicora Alley Fire House. Great food — and the Bloody Mary’s are awesome.

I'd eat at Smoke again. I liked it that much. We ate at Hall's Chophouse the night before. It was too much in every way. It's hard for me to justify $60 steaks no matter the quality. The taco joint on the river walk across from the old Duke's company sucks.

Where you coming in from ? Wear your mask. The upstate is already leading the state in covid.
I’ve often thought that the upstate has more cases because more people are traveling here , especially people from NC borders to get away from the Democrat lockdowns.

Staying downtown.

TIA
Take your bike and ride the trail!!:cool:

Reactions: Gamecockben1979

Staying downtown.

TIA
Whatever you do. Avoid Hall’s like the plague. Overpriced. Mediocre food. Staff will argue with you if they bring you a well done steak that you wanted medium rare. Also fir a high end place they have to have an armed security guard at times because fights have been known to break out in the bar. Just terrible place all around.

Reactions: TheReelEss
Whatever you do. Avoid Hall’s like the plague. Overpriced. Mediocre food. Staff will argue with you if they bring you a well done steak that you wanted medium rare. Also fir a high end place they have to have an armed security guard at times because fights have been known to break out in the bar. Just terrible place all around.
Agree! The Hall’s in Greenville is just not good. Went once — overpriced, poor quality for the price, slow service. Won’t go again. Loved Hall’s in Chuck, but not here. Pixie and Bill’s in Clemson is a much better value.

Where you coming in from ? Wear your mask. The upstate is already leading the state in covid.
I’ve often thought that the upstate has more cases because more people are traveling here , especially people from NC borders to get away from the Democrat lockdowns.

Curios......what "Democrat lockdowns" are you speaking of?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT