ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Home Depot can't sell orange chairs

vacock#

Oct 26, 1998
We bought 4 "not orange" chairs (OK, it was almost purple) at Home Depot for $17.99 - In fact we bought the last four. They had the same chair in orange available for $14.99. The manager of that department said that no one was buying orange so they dropped the price just for the orange chairs. And this was in Simpsonville, SC! If you want an orange chair, Home Depot in Simpsonville has plenty of them.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Generic-...-Cornbread-Patio-Chair-8371-92-4300/206282263

Are you serious? This is what you think about at midnight????........

While YOU sit around hoping someone thinks of SOMETHING.

I think the OP's story marries the Clemson umbrella story from Greenville's Wal-Mart pretty well - identical bins w/ Clemson orange in one and Gamecock garnet in the other - both (originally) marked at $19.99 ... the Gamecock bin standing with maybe 15 umbrellas left from an original 144 still marked at the original price, while the Clemson bin stands nearly full (maybe 15 sold) marked DOWN to 2/$10.

A market-study conducted by Wal-Mart concluded Clemson fans don't know when to get out of the rain.

Reactions: debordieu cock
While YOU sit around hoping someone thinks of SOMETHING.

I think the OP's story marries the Clemson umbrella story from Greenville's Wal-Mart pretty well - identical bins w/ Clemson orange in one and Gamecock garnet in the other - both (originally) marked at $19.99 ... the Gamecock bin standing with maybe 15 umbrellas left from an original 144 still marked at the original price, while the Clemson bin stands nearly full (maybe 15 sold) marked DOWN to 2/$10.

A market-study conducted by Wal-Mart concluded Clemson fans don't know when to get out of the rain.

That same study also concluded that clemmons fans don't know when to sit down and shut up!

clemsonchairs_zpsy1gro0tg.jpg

Man that's so cool you've got an actual picture to go with the umbrella 'story'!!! ... my numbers as told to me were somewhat off but the jest of that 'legend' is spot-on - "UNBEATABLE VALUE" @ $29.99 (Gamecocks) - "CLEARANCE" @ $15 (Clemson) ...That's awesome! Thanks for the pic!!!.

You really can't make this stuff up. It's NO WONDER the tigers have an inferiority complex. It's like going to Dick's Sporting Goods looking for a Clemson hat and watching 'em pull out an order pad ... 'Back Ordered?" inquires the Clemson fan - 'No, we don't stock 'em" replies the salesman. America's largest sporting goods dealer and they would rather take a chance stocking x-long 49" left-handed $550 TaylorMade Drivers in RARE 8.5 degree loft with a pro-only XXX-stiff shaft than a dozen cheap orange hats with a tiger paw on 'em.

I still laugh when I think about a wire-photo showing a gang of people at the back of a hurricane Katrina relief truck, maybe 50-people with outstretched arms and at least 8-10 of 'em were wearing Clemson hats. One of my Clemson buddies tried to tell me those were LSU tiger hats ... they weren't 'pitching' relief they were looking for it. 'Bout all that was missing was having one of them knock some little old lady down. Had it been a video instead of a still we probably could have witnessed that!

Clemson - the gift that keeps on giving.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT