ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Hulu TV

uscclassof74

Apr 22, 2000
The Iodine State
I switched to YouTubeTV after PlayStation Vue went belly up. Now, YouTubeTV is dumping The Fox Regional Sports Networks in a squabble with Sinclair (RSN owner).

I'm looking at Hulu+Live TV so I can watch the Braves and Hurricanes. Anybody Hulu users have any positive or negative feedback to offer?

Thanks.

I have it now. The channel offering is excellent for sports fans. But the interface is kinda clunky, and it only lets you move locations 4 times a year (for example, if I take my roku with me to my parent’s house in Columbia It counts as one location switch and then another when I bring it back to my place in Greenville). So there are some drawbacks, but I’m fairly happy with it overall because of the channel selection.

I have it now. The channel offering is excellent for sports fans. But the interface is kinda clunky, and it only lets you move locations 4 times a year (for example, if I take my roku with me to my parent’s house in Columbia It counts as one location switch and then another when I bring it back to my place in Greenville). So there are some drawbacks, but I’m fairly happy with it overall because of the channel selection.
Thanks!

I switched to YouTubeTV after PlayStation Vue went belly up. Now, YouTubeTV is dumping The Fox Regional Sports Networks in a squabble with Sinclair (RSN owner).

I'm looking at Hulu+Live TV so I can watch the Braves and Hurricanes. Anybody Hulu users have any positive or negative feedback to offer?

Thanks.
They could bring it back just as they squabble with local channels and there is only a temporary delay.

Thanks.
I have it but I almost never watch the “live” Tv version. I love Hulu. Took some getting used to but the system literally learns what you like to watch and shows you those programs first... under “keep watching”, it literally saves any show you have been watching at the point you quit... you can watch a bunch of movies through it, ALL the sports basically.

They could bring it back just as they squabble with local channels and there is only a temporary delay.
Doesn't sound too good as At&t and their outlets may be the only ones in the game now. Hulu, DirecTV, Dish & At&tNow the only big guys standing with Sinclair. Greed takes over.

You have to think that YouTube would eventually come to an agreement with Sinclair. With MLB starting soon, a lot of fans are going to be bolting because they won’t be able to watch their teams.

Or they will replace it with something else.

My problem with Youtube TV has been excessive buffering lately. I use Spectrum for internet and phone. My download speeds are very good when I have checked, but it could be at least partly caused by the number of people in my neighborhood. It mostly happens at peak viewing hours.

My problem with Youtube TV has been excessive buffering lately. I use Spectrum for internet and phone. My download speeds are very good when I have checked, but it could be at least partly caused by the number of people in my neighborhood. It mostly happens at peak viewing hours.
Mine never buffers. No matter what time. I have a fiber connection. Probably your internet connection

Reactions: cockhornleghorn

That's probably it when the shared bandwidth goes down.

Reactions: OldWiseCock
Thanks for the info. Was not aware of the issue with moving. I use a VPN here in Mexico and have had to “change my location” on a couple of occasions. Need to keep an eye on this. Otherwise, Hulu is great for watching my Gamecocks!

Reactions: 803blf
Pretty sure I'm going to give it a try within the next few days myself. One question I have is can i get the free trial of Hulu + Live TV with add-ons included to check it out? Or is the free trial just basic and I have to wait for add-ons (more storage, channels and screens) until after becoming a paying customer? Cant really find a straight up answer on their website.

Pretty sure I'm going to give it a try within the next few days myself. One question I have is can i get the free trial of Hulu + Live TV with add-ons included to check it out? Or is the free trial just basic and I have to wait for add-ons (more storage, channels and screens) until after becoming a paying customer? Cant really find a straight up answer on their website.
The free trial for Hulu Live is only 7 days; I think it's longer for regular Hulu without live TV.

Love HULU!! Have it with Live TV to watch live sports (primarily college football, NFL, NBA, and college basketball) and other channels occasionally. The only channel they don't have that I desire is NFL Network for Combine coverage and NFL analysis but only Sling offers that channel. Don't regret having HULU at all.

Reactions: uscedge21
I wound up going with Spectrum streaming. Internet + what is their basic "select" package for $103 and change per month. No contract. No price increase for 12 months (supposedly $20 per month then) and NO equipment fees! I canceled YouTubeTV today, but will still have it until mid-March. That will give me a chance to see if I like Spectrum. The only down side was I had to buy Rokus because there's no Spectrum App for Amazon Fire Stick.

Mine never buffers. No matter what time. I have a fiber connection. Probably your internet connection
When I first got Spectrum I was coming over from Uverse. Their service had gotten terrible and support (India call center) was even worse. Spectrum was great and when you called you actually got someone who knew what they were doing. Now Spectrum has has gone the same route. Terrible service, unintelligible support line and expensive.

There really are no other alternatives in Columbia - that I know about. Earthlink is available but it is more expensive than what I have now.

I guess I'll have to go back to ATT.

Question: ATT fiber is available in my area but has a 1 TB data cap. Is it likely that I will go over that? My wife works from home and connects to her work via our IP. My son games a lot and we watch TV over the internet. (YouTube TV) 1 TB sounds like a lot, but maybe not.

I wonder if there is a way to tell how much we are using now?

Are y'all streaming wirelessly? My Netflix occasionally gets pixelated, but doesn't buffer. I figured it was because I'm using wireless. That's what's kept me from switching from DirecTV to YouTube or Hulu.

I had the same issue and upgraded my modem. Problem went away

Are y'all streaming wirelessly? My Netflix occasionally gets pixelated, but doesn't buffer. I figured it was because I'm using wireless. That's what's kept me from switching from DirecTV to YouTube or Hulu.
Yes. No issues even at the dock. I do have good wifi though.

I’m going to assume this pissing contest with Fox gets resolved. If it doesn’t by opening day, YouTube TV will lose a subscriber.

Question: ATT fiber is available in my area but has a 1 TB data cap. Is it likely that I will go over that? My wife works from home and connects to her work via our IP. My son games a lot and we watch TV over the internet. (YouTube TV) 1 TB sounds like a lot, but maybe not.

I wonder if there is a way to tell how much we are using now?
1 TB per month is more than you would need for streaming 1080p, even with multiple rooms. What kind of download speeds are we talking about with ATT fiber? I'd imagine that's more than adequate as well.

1 TB per month is more than you would need for streaming 1080p, even with multiple rooms. What kind of download speeds are we talking about with ATT fiber? I'd imagine that's more than adequate as well.
They have 3 choices. 100 mb, 300 mb and 1,000 mb. But it is still just fiber to your neighborhood. It's either copper or coax to your house and inside the house.

They have 3 choices. 100 mb, 300 mb and 1,000 mb. But it is still just fiber to your neighborhood. It's either copper or coax to your house and inside the house.
Kinda strange that the secondary isn't fiber too because fiber has to be spliced. I have 2 providers that ran fiber all the way to the house connection.

Out of all the apps I use, Hulu is the only one that consistently buffers or completely gets knocked offline. It's giving me pause when I think about getting rid of cable.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT