ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Looks like we're (i.e. Humans) are going to Mars in 6 years...

China and Russia have been talking about going to the moon for 20 years and can't do it... Something about surviving the Van Allen Radiation belts... I guess American astronauts are immune to those intense bands
What a bunch of garbage. This is moon landing hoaxers crap. The Van Allen belts are absolutely no hinderance in going to the moon or Mars or anywhere. Dr Van Allen himself said so. The astronauts pass through the least dense regions on the belts. This was planmed during the Apollo missions. The astronauts experienced .38 rads during their transit through the belts. About what two CT scans are.
The astronauts are not in the belts long enough for them to be an issue. The reason nobody goes to the moon is how expensive it is and there is no real reward and no return. Kennedy's plea to go put us on a mission. We completed that mission. There is no race to get there now.

Last edited:
The thing that baffles me here is that those that go ain't coming back! I mean seriously, that's the upfront deal: the initial folks that go knowingly accept that it's a one way trip so as to a establish permanent place of residence on the 4th Rock from the sun.

Anybody here wanna do that??

I could see people wanting to go. Lots of them. It would be like colonists hundreds of years ago (to America for the first time, or even out west later on) - people didn't leave thinking they'd ever come back. It would obviously start off slow, but once there was a viable colony on there we'd see millions of people clamoring to leave life here on Earth.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT