ADVERTISEMENT

Ot: Louisville likely loses title

I am sure much more on this can be found on Rupps Rafters. My guess it's over 20 pages by now

I'm not a fan of taking the titles and final 4 banners as if it never existed and adding asterics in the record books. Give them what ever punishment but the boys on the court won the games straight up. You think the losing team is going to celebrate a championship? It just has a stinch about it all thevwau around.

I guess Michigan will put the trophy in the case quietly and hang a banner?

The right thing to do is fire the entire coaching staff that remains from these events. Pitino needs to leave the coaching ranks forever and have all of his coaching awards/honors revoked. All of these coaches should evaporate that commit these kind of infractions. This includes Roy Williams also.

I'm not a fan of taking the titles and final 4 banners as if it never existed and adding asterics in the record books. Give them what ever punishment but the boys on the court won the games straight up. You think the losing team is going to celebrate a championship? It just has a stinch about it all thevwau around.

I'm sorry but if the NCAA had a set of balls and dropped an atomic bomb on the tarholes, I would enjoy every minute of watching all of their banners go down.

By the way, both P's have had very public extramartial affairs. If I remember correctly, both P's lied about what happened. Obviously, Louisville does not have a morals clause in the P's contract or just choose to ignore. Lordy, what have college sports come to when these kind of people represent your University?

Reactions: wentzel25
Hard to believe any University would stand behind a coach who allows this kind of behavior for young kids. They have two of the low life coaches in college sports.

No kidding and this isn't even Pitino's first scandal. Let's not forget that his job was already in doubt once before when it was revealed via an extortion attempt that he had an affair in a public restaurant, got the woman pregnant, and paid for her abortion. Now he's got the hooker scandal on top of that, yet he still has a job. Incredible.

Worse yet, parents continue to send their elite prospect sons to play for him. They had the #6 recruiting class in the country for 2017 and are currently #4 for 2018, even with scholarship restrictions and the cloud of scandal hanging over them.

So, even when you get caught and punished for some of the most egregious, unethical conduct, it doesn't seem to matter to the win-at-all-costs college presidents, ADs, and boosters, or the elite HS recruits and their parents. Amazing (and depressing).

Meanwhile, UL has Bobby Petrino coaching their football team. Lots of success in that athletic department, but they have become the poster children for sleaze.

Meanwhile, UL has Bobby Petrino coaching their football team. Lots of success in that athletic department, but they have become the poster children for sleaze.
Lots of trouble up there on the academic side too. Did you hear about the governor dismissing the entire Board of Trustees? I want Carolina to succeed in sports badly but I am honestly glad we haven't been through something like that even for a Heisman and a basketball NC

No kidding and this isn't even Pitino's first scandal. Let's not forget that his job was already in doubt once before when it was revealed via an extortion attempt that he had an affair in a public restaurant, got the woman pregnant, and paid for her abortion. Now he's got the hooker scandal on top of that, yet he still has a job. Incredible.

Worse yet, parents continue to send their elite prospect sons to play for him. They had the #6 recruiting class in the country for 2017 and are currently #4 for 2018, even with scholarship restrictions and the cloud of scandal hanging over them.

So, even when you get caught and punished for some of the most egregious, unethical conduct, it doesn't seem to matter to the win-at-all-costs college presidents, ADs, and boosters, or the elite HS recruits and their parents. Amazing (and depressing).

As things progress, it's become more evident that losing is the only thing that will get you fired @ Louisville.

Tars are immune from any and all prosecution..
patience, grasshopper. the heels wouldn't play ball with the boys upstairs, so the boys reinstated the thermonuclear option. that reset the clock on some stuff, but their time is coming.

the boys on the court weren't eligible to play, so no, they didn't win straight up.

patience, grasshopper. the heels wouldn't play ball with the boys upstairs, so the boys reinstated the thermonuclear option. that reset the clock on some stuff, but their time is coming.

Yes it is. Nobody thought they would lose a banner given no precedence. Now that the NCAA is taking Lou's 13 title, the seal has been broken. 05 is toast and 09 should be as well. My guess is just 05, and one year ban for basketball and football. 2 years for women's basketball.

NCAA is in a court battle to keep from having to pay s/a's. Their entire argument against, centers around play for free academic scholly/educational experience. Fake classes are not equal to an educational opportunity. If they don't punish UNC appropriately for their academic impermissible benefits, than Jenkins vs NCAA will be the end of the organization.

How does an athletic department continue to have success after all of the infractions imposed by the NCAA? It never seizes to amaze me.

Reactions: cockofdawn
How does an athletic department continue to have success after all of the infractions imposed by the NCAA? It never seizes to amaze me.

They don't really care about anything except A) they got into the ACC, and B ) Winning. The chickens are coming home to roost now, as there are scandals and mess all over that place. Jurich and Pitino will both be in trouble if new president and / or board of directors decide that they've had enough of the bad publicity.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT