ADVERTISEMENT

OT-moving from Amarillo to Raleigh

AmarilloCock

Aug 28, 2014
I'm starting to head back east on the 16th after being stuck in cow land( actual cow land, not Clemson) for a year(no offense to anyone from west Texas). I know it's ACC land but it's closer than where I was. Not going to make some games so any suggestions on where to watch them besides my thrown, and any suggestions on things to do. I'm 27 so no old man things like playing chess in a park or bingo please haha. The company I'm working for has an office near the orange toilet county so I'm exciting to piss them off regularly. That is a highlight. Go cocks, cuck flemson!

The USC Alumni Association website has a list of game view bars for all clubs nationally. Google will get you and others outside of Cola this information.

The Raleigh Gamecock Club sends out an email each week stating where they plan to view the game - typically Tobacco Road Sports Bar. I'm not sure how you get on the list, but if you can get me your email address I'll be glad to forward to the guy that sends the emails.

I'm starting to head back east on the 16th after being stuck in cow land( actual cow land, not Clemson) for a year(no offense to anyone from west Texas). I know it's ACC land but it's closer than where I was. Not going to make some games so any suggestions on where to watch them besides my thrown, and any suggestions on things to do. I'm 27 so no old man things like playing chess in a park or bingo please haha. The company I'm working for has an office near the orange toilet county so I'm exciting to piss them off regularly. That is a highlight. Go cocks, cuck flemson!
Welcome to North Carolina where a lot of good Gamecocks live...lol. I see them everywhere but you are north of me and right smack dab in the middle of Tar Heel mania. I lived in Cary for a while too. Great area.....

Thanks guys, nc_cock: t_emerson@rocketmal.com. I was just out there a couple weeks visiting the office off east millbrooke road, didn't travel much due to time but the place looks great. Maybe a little too much blue but I'll get over it. I'll gladly wave my flag outside the apartment. One of the places had a Clemson grad as a leasing officer, needless to say I will not be living there and I'm glad to see those grads go out into the world and have "great" success. I'll put my google skills to

Yeah, just in case you don't know, there are a lot more tater fans in Raleigh than you might think. I recently lived there for 2 years, and was unpleasantly surprised at how many orange rednecks there were.

Lived there for 6 years. Nice place but moved back to beach years ago. Missed surfing but liked the Cary area. Parks are really nice. Did some bike riding thru trails there

Lived there for 6 years. Nice place but moved back to beach years ago. Missed surfing but liked the Cary area. Parks are really nice. Did some bike riding thru trails there

Since living in Texas I have felt with those Aggies. I hate every inch of them. Not the people, just the fan side. I work with them daily, they produce a good bit of engineers so when they see one from Carolina that used the navy to pay for it they stick their noses up. They are second to Clemson fans. I'm glad to be coming home, it's not Aiken but it's close enough for me. Thanks everyone

Clemson worse than Yankees or vice versa? One in the same to me, just one group has less teeth and the other group well are Yankees.

Welcome back to the Carolinas. I lived in Oklahoma City for 6 years. I loved the people but hated the weather. If you like tornados, earth quakes every day, killer wild fires, blizzards, extreme heat, daily winds of 20 plus mph daily, then that part of the country is the place to be. I drove to Amarillo several times and wondered how anyone could live there. That entire area sets right over hell when it comes to weather.

I lived in the Raleigh/Wake Forest area during 1982-1989. The cost of living is very high and they still hate the Gamecocks because we left the ACC. In fact, they were so offensive that I started pulling for Clemson every time any of those NC teams played Clemson and was delighted when Clemson beat them. Now, it has to be bad for me to do that. That was before the days of internet and none of the papers of tv stations had anything to say about USC. I attended the 1986 NC State USC game and watched the infamous clock stop for about 20 plus seconds and could not believe it. Fly your USC flags high and proudly in Raleigh and it will really make them happy.

There was a good Gamecock Club in Raleigh when I lived there but do know about it now. If you find yourself pulling for Moo U after a year or so, you will have become affected by those arrogant you know whats. Go eat at the 42nd Street Oyster Bar in down town Raleigh; it used to be great! I did the engineering design for the electrical power supply to the restaurant. Good luck!

I worked with more state fans than heels. Pack fans can be a little obnoxious

Yeah, just in case you don't know, there are a lot more tater fans in Raleigh than you might think. I recently lived there for 2 years, and was unpleasantly surprised at how many orange rednecks there were.

Where there more quempsum fans than Gamecock fans in the Raleigh area?

Hey, Amarillo is not THAT bad! There's some excellent places to go four wheeling, but yeah, if you're not into that or rodeo, there's not much to do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT