ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Newcastle United takeover

TravellersGhost

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2011
Charleston
I’d like to invite any fellow Gamecock fans on this forum to join the Newcastle fan bandwagon after yesterday’s takeover. I know we have some current Toon supporters in our ranks (@ShaneCocks), and, if you look at the history of both teams (last championship for both was in 1969; incredible runs challenging the top but never sustained; great characters as players and undying support of fans), you will identify with Newcastle.
Well, yesterday, Newcastle was purchased by a consortium led by the PIF, which is the Saudi public investment fund. That purchase means Newcastle now has the financial backing of a group whose wealth is greater than all of the other owners in all of English soccer combined. Let that sink in—$320b vs $14b at Chelsea or $24b at Manchester City. From here, Newcastle’s rise will be gradual. Thanks to certain financial rules, the transformation will not happen overnight. So now is the perfect time to start following Newcastle. I recommend you go to YouTube and look-up the following to begin your indoctrination: “Newcastle the Entertainers” and “Alan Shearer”. That should get you through the recent highs.

• Haha
Reactions: uscbeckham
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News