ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official FedEx Cup Thread

Look for DJ to play better. He seems to have been in a funk the last couple of tournaments. Thomas may make a run, but I think Speith is out.

I was pretty busy this weekend so didn't get to watch as much as I would have liked, but that looked like a great tract! The leaderboard Sunday was pretty special from what I saw, nice to see Chambo hold on. I bet you there are some golf purists out there saying that all that technical will never work, it will be fun to see if it holds up! Just me, but I would much rather watch Freddie swing it than Chambo, but just look at all the back issues Freddie has had!

DJ's talent is unquestionable. Sometimes I wonder if he is hungry enough.
I said the same thing about Adam Scott, but look how he's come on! Hate to say it, but I think it's all between DJ's ears and I'm not talking psychologically!

I said the same thing about Adam Scott, but look how he's come on! Hate to say it, but I think it's all between DJ's ears and I'm not talking psychologically!
I think a lot of the most talented players sort of drift along because they can get rich while not winning.

I disagree about DJ not being hungry enough. I don't really need a reason either considering it seems yours is the fact he hasn't won in a few months.

Golf is a sport whose winners can be ranked anywhere from 1 to 150 in the world any given week. Or lower than 150.

DJ is the most successful athlete from South Carolina

I disagree about DJ not being hungry enough. I don't really need a reason either considering it seems yours is the fact he hasn't won in a few months.

Golf is a sport whose winners can be ranked anywhere from 1 to 150 in the world any given week. Or lower than 150.

DJ is the most successful athlete from South Carolina
And if were hungry, he would be unimaginably more successful. His ability is prodigious. I didn't mention how long it has been since he won. It hasn't been so long. In terms of intensity, he reminds me of Couples, another man who could have achieved significantly more had he run a little hotter.

Correct he won just a month ago at the RBC Canada open. He also has multiple victories this season. In May, lost his top ranking after 64 weeks as #1. Regained it in June a month later by winning in Memphis. That sounds like a content, static individual? Not hungry?

Pure conjecture on your part ward.
1. He is not hungry.
If this is true, how has he been ranked 1 in the world 75 of last 79 weeks? In a time when golf is full of young guns, chomping to claim a place at the top.
2. If he were more hungry he wins more. This is just more of that hypothetical crap realists hate. Its cute that you enjoy multi syllable vocabulary but that hypothetical is nonsense. Who can say what personality traits are best for any individual person. Judge the whole person. Not some perceived trait of an exterior of a man.

DJ is one of the hardest working guys out there. It is well documented him and Koepka get after it on and off the course. Pushing each other to one up the other. Hard work is the most efficient way to measure 'hunger'

Reactions: cockn'fyr
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT