ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Pool liner

Lucas_Jackson

Jul 18, 2007
Looking for someone reliable to replace our pool liner, and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations.

I would normally have put this under the Locker Room, but appears that it is no more!

If there is somewhere to ask something off topic please let me know...

Looking for someone reliable to replace our pool liner, and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations.

I would normally have put this under the Locker Room, but appears that it is no more!

Creative Pools, Duncan, SC 864-486-1905

I’m in Florence and need a new pool liner as well. My first time dealing with this need someone reliable to do the work.

I’m in Florence and need a new pool liner as well. My first time dealing with this need someone reliable to do the work.
I've had a pool since 1983 and am on my third liner. Reputable independent is best, cost-wise. You guys need to ask other pool owners you know. If you check with enough owners near you, you will find somebody. I use a guy in Rock Hill who is not affiliated with a pool store. No problems.

Yeah check around. My experience has been that these pool guys are a den of thieves. But I will say the scuba shop guy in Spartanburg will find a leak in your liner and repair for $200. He found mine plus one other one. He was good, but that is the extent of what he does. Kingward is right- if you can find a independent type guy not affiliated with a shop, it's usually best. I had a good guy, but he hung it up. Can't find a good appliance person around here either- same story, after years my old guy gave it up.

American Pools in West Columbia.

Be smart fill it in. I spent $5000+ then 3 years later $3100 for dirt..Grands lived too far away for me to keep up for little use. No Sun orders from dermatologist for wife.

Yeah check around. My experience has been that these pool guys are a den of thieves. But I will say the scuba shop guy in Spartanburg will find a leak in your liner and repair for $200. He found mine plus one other one. He was good, but that is the extent of what he does. Kingward is right- if you can find a independent type guy not affiliated with a shop, it's usually best. I had a good guy, but he hung it up. Can't find a good appliance person around here either- same story, after years my old guy gave it up.

Yeah, pool folks seem to be an unsavory bunch for the most part, no offense to anyone here in the business, just been my experience. Your best bet is to try to find the 'least worst'.

One tip from when I got mine replaced a couple years ago - the company we went with charge for anything over one bag of vermiculite. Of course they say they never need to use more than one bag. Of course they used a ton in mine, didn't give me an exact number of extra bags used, and tried to tack on $600 to the original quote. I got them to reduce it, the actual physical work was good, but the folks running the place were schiesters. Everyone I've spoken to has had a similar experience with their bill being a lot higher than their original quote with not much explanation given. This is with multiple companies, not just the one I used.

Oh, and I'll find your leak for a 6-pack of beer, a diving mask/snorkel set, and a little tube of red food coloring. :D

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT