ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Record Store Day is Saturday April 21st

@DavidCloniger

Never knew that guy was so interested in independent music til he co-hosted on 107.5 the other day

The newsstand in stock Hill does this. I think the previous owner killed himself and someone evidently opened it back up. They still have a manifest down there? Remember a place called Peaches I think on Harden?

What did you pick up, Steve?
We went to Horizon Records and Pharmacy Records, both in Greenville. Got to Horizon about 7:45 am. About the same size crowd as last year, maybe a little more. I was able to garner my main ones, except a Coltrane and Monk I wanted. Here's what I picked up:

Led Zeppelin 7" - my #1a priority
Jeff Beck- Truth - my # 1b priority
Hendrix 7"
John Fogerty Centerfield pic disc
U2 12" pic disc
The Police 7" pic disc- very cool & the guy pulled one from behind the counter for me!
Sun Records-other side of the sun
Neil Young Live at Roxy
Ella Fitzgerald at Zardi's
The Who- the Kids are Alright
Clapton- Complete Clapton
Prince 1999
Springsteen Greatest Hits

As per usual I go pretty mainstream! How about you??

Reactions: rogue cock
We went to Horizon Records and Pharmacy Records, both in Greenville. Got to Horizon about 7:45 am. About the same size crowd as last year, maybe a little more. I was able to garner my main ones, except a Coltrane and Monk I wanted. Here's what I picked up:

Hendrix 7"
U2 12" pic disc
The Police 7" pic disc- very cool & the guy pulled one from behind the counter for me!
Neil Young Live at Roxy
Prince 1999

MARTY STUART & HIS FABULOUS SUPERLATIVES
Way Out West - Desert Suite (Trip One)

Reactions: stevestrat2
I love collecting vinyls. Still have my dad's old records and ones I acquired through the years. I grew up listening to my dad's turntable out of huge box speakers in our living room-still have that stereo. I found a thrift shop not far from where I live and bought a bunch of old country records for like a buck a piece. Some had never been opened and were 50 years old.

Hendrix 7"
U2 12" pic disc
Neil Young Live at Roxy
Prince 1999

Nice list!! The quality of Ella at Zardi's is off the charts! You and I got a few of the same releases.

My haul:
The Who - The Kids Are Alright
Ella Fitzgerald - At Zardi's
Duran Duran - Thanksgiving Live
Jerry Joseph - Full Metal Burqa
Charlie Daniels - Songs of a Lifetime
Golden Earring - Naked Truth II
Johnny Cash - Folsom Box Set
Yung Wu - Shore Leave
The Groundhogs - Scratching The Surface
Sun Records - The Other Side of Sun
Planet Terror - Original Soundtrack

Edited to say the only thing I missed on was Elvis - King in the Ring.

Nice list!! The quality of Ella at Zardi's is off the charts! You and I got a few of the same releases.

My haul:
The Who - The Kids Are Alright
Ella Fitzgerald - At Zardi's
Duran Duran - Thanksgiving Live
Jerry Joseph - Full Metal Burqa
Charlie Daniels - Songs of a Lifetime
Golden Earring - Naked Truth II
Johnny Cash - Folsom Box Set
Yung Wu - Shore Leave
The Groundhogs - Scratching The Surface
Sun Records - The Other Side of Sun
Planet Terror - Original Soundtrack

Edited to say the only thing I missed on was Elvis - King in the Ring.
Ya done good! I see your mortgaged the house too......agree on the Ella, played it this morning. You will like the Sun records one too, if you havent played it yet. I thought hard about an Allman Bros but it was $70- just couldn't pull the trigger. I was going to maybe not get the Clapton & then get the ABB, but my wife (who was with me) isnt a huge ABB fan, but likes Clapton. Happy wife/ Happy life. That also explains the Prince grab.

I love collecting vinyls. Still have my dad's old records and ones I acquired through the years. I grew up listening to my dad's turntable out of huge box speakers in our living room-still have that stereo. I found a thrift shop not far from where I live and bought a bunch of old country records for like a buck a piece. Some had never been opened and were 50 years old.
Very cool. I love it when I get used vinyl that you can tell was never played, or maybe 1 time, then put on the shelf. I picked up a Rickie Lee Jones album Saturday that I didnt have.(Flying Cowboys), used for $7, sounds like new, great shape.

Reactions: sclawman77

Hendrix 7"
U2 12" pic disc
Neil Young Live at Roxy
Prince 1999

Good stuff, I think you and I are on the same page with music. I would through a little Pink Floyd in the mix......love me some David Gilmour

Good stuff, I think you and I are on the same page with music. I would through a little Pink Floyd in the mix......love me some David Gilmour
Agree, Gilmour is such a great musician.I bought a Pink Floyd at RSD 2017....I forgot that I also picked up a Jason Isbell Saturday that wasn't on the RSD list. Live show from 2007 I think.

This is without a doubt the best list of RSD releases, yet. My local store, Monster, got some RSD Europe releases as well. It's so easy to spend a few hundred bucks before you know it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT