ADVERTISEMENT

OT- should marijuana be legalized?

Legalize?

• Yes

Votes: 148 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 37 20.0%

• Total voters
If we're moving towards public healthcare, we should not legalize illicit drugs.
this is a result of programming and Marxist brainwashing from the education system and news media, people think illicit drugs (against the bible) is what is wrong with society, it should be legal to get high, lol! So many walk in darkness and don't even realize it, sad!

this is a result of programming and Marxist brainwashing from the education system and news media, people think illicit drugs (against the bible) is what is wrong with society, it should be legal to get high, lol! So many walk in darkness and don't even realize it, sad!
I'm not sure I follow what you just said. I just don't want to pay for other people's addictions.

drugs are extremely addictive and destroy lives, don't do them. Actions have consequences, it is WRONG to get high, if you believe different, then you have to believe that there is no right and wrong, which is your problem not mine.
I mean, I just told you that you're wrong to advocate the use of violence against non-violent people, so obviously I do believe in right and wrong.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
If we're moving towards public healthcare, we should not legalize illicit drugs.
This is the same logic that led to Obamacare.

"Funding healthcare is a burden on the public, so we can't allow people to make their own healthcare decisions."

If you want to disqualify drug users from receiving welfare or free healthcare, that's one thing. But you can't just use the provision of a public healthcare as carte blanche to start regulating people's behavior. That's a hideously slippery slope.

For me the real issue is the surveillance state the Feds have created with the war on drugs where they can invade you privacy, seize your assets, harass you for no good reason using the war on drugs as an excuse.
....and back to politics we go.
Some of y'all are addicted to politics.

I'm not sure I follow what you just said. I just don't want to pay for other people's addictions.
Who does, but we do? Is socialized medicine not the ultimate “you pay for my bad judgement system”? I can smoke crack and eat chicken wings for breakfast and chase it down with Ripple but you have to buy me new lungs and a new liver every time I need one.

Condoning illegal drug use means accepting everything that accompanies the business: human trafficking, sexual exploitation, political corruption, and environmental disaster. Recognizing these connections is essential. It’s why we condemned the ivory trade and child labor. Why do we now give a nod to illegal drugs that perpetuate some of the worst crimes known to man?
All of these things are a free will choice, nobody has to do any of them.

Reactions: chief2791
This is the same logic that led to Obamacare.

"Funding healthcare is a burden on the public, so we can't allow people to make their own healthcare decisions."

If you want to disqualify drug users from receiving welfare or free healthcare, that's one thing. But you can't just use the provision of a public healthcare as carte blanche to start regulating people's behavior. That's a hideously slippery slope.
Public healthcare is the slippery slope.

Who does, but we do? Is socialized medicine not the ultimate “you pay for my bad judgement system”? I can smoke crack and eat chicken wings for breakfast and chase it down with Ripple but you have to buy me new lungs and a new liver every time I need one.
It is. I am vehemently against public healthcare.

the bible is the bible, whatever it says isn't up to interpretation. "be-sober minded and self controlled" is pretty clear on this issue and Gov. McMaster knows this and would never allow this to happen.
Doe it not also say Genesis 1:29-31 - And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which [is] upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which [is] the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.”?

You tell me how to interpret that- I am no biblical scholar. It is a terribly ignorant stance to compare Weed to meth as you have done in this thread though. Especially if you are using the bible as you guide to do so.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
But you willingly pay for a war against them? Double, triple perhaps ten fold the cost it could cost to treat the people addicted to them instead of hunting them and locking them away? I fail to see the logic in that id money is the motivation.

Last edited:
the bible is the bible, whatever it says isn't up to interpretation. "be-sober minded and self controlled" is pretty clear on this issue and Gov. McMaster knows this and would never allow this to happen.
You're saying that as if my bible is your bible. We follow different beliefs. Mine doesn't say "be sober minded and self controlled". That may be in your interpretation of the bible, but not mine. There are literally THOUSANDS of interpretations of that book. Feel free to live your life based on your belief, as long as it doesn't negatively affect those outside your faith. And again, in no way should ANY of those interpretations influence the laws that govern all of us.

Reactions: merit1
The opposite would happen. If you bought government weed it would be much more expensive. Taxes and regulations would drive prices much higher than the street cost today.
MJ in Illinois is absolutely outrageous. Thats what I've been told anyways lol Heard California and Colorado were much more reasonable lol

But you willingly pay for a war against them? Double, triple perhaps ten fold the cost it could cost to treat the people addicted to them instead of hinting them and locking them away? I fail to see the logic in that id money is the motivation.
Willingly? Excuse me?

I think that's a safe assumption.

ih7kp8s-m0qgspecrytpbw.png

Honestly I can't think of ANY issue during my lifetime where public opinion has swung so dramatically.
That is a big swing. Not to derail, but I think gay marriage may have taken a similar or bigger swing. Now it is legal, so maybe weed is next.

Reactions: Who Cares_Who Cares
The Bible is up to interpretation. I think most of not all of the oldest manuscripts were written in archaic languages that haven't been spoken in centuries - like Aramaic and ancient Hebrew. Heck, the OT had no punctuation. The reality is that most of the OT was passed down orally 100s of years before it was written down, and once it was, there were no copy machines or ctrl-c, ctrl-v to make exact copies. We have ancient pieces of manuscripts of the same passages that don't say the same thing. Which is right? Which is closer to the theoretical original? Every translation involves interpretation. We believers have to study and discuss in community and realise that we may, indeed, be wrong in our interpretation. Better yet, we may realize that our interpretation of a given passage may not even matter.

Pretty straight forward.
My concern is with young people. Studies have shown a negative impact on people younger than 26. It takes that long for the brain to fully develop. It can affect memory and IQ in young people. Some studies have shown as much as an 8 point drop in IQ if used on a regular basis. Don't know how you keep it from young people younger than 21 much less 26.

My concern is with young people. Studies have shown a negative impact on people younger than 26. It takes that long for the brain to fully develop. It can affect memory and IQ in young people. Some studies have shown as much as an 8 point drop in IQ if used on a regular basis. Don't know how you keep it from young people younger than 21 much less 26.
The way I look at is a 18 year old is an adult free to make decisons on his own. That should be his or her choice. Not big brothers.

drugs are extremely addictive and destroy lives, don't do them. Actions have consequences, it is WRONG to get high, if you believe different, then you have to believe that there is no right and wrong, which is your problem not mine.
🤣😂😂🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂😂

Saying the Bible isn't open to interpretation is just a mind-blowingly myopic statement.
The books of the Bible were written by men.
Debated and voted in by men.
Men who chose the 66 some odd included from thousands of proposed options.
Men who wrote and chose what they did based on ulterior motives, personal gain, prejudices and so on.
To use the Bible as a reason to be against legalization of Marijuana is just gobsmacking to me

Who exactly says it’s wrong to get “high”? Might I ask? Why exactly does me thinking it’s ok to get high make me belive there is no right and wrong? I just don’t understand your logic.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Saying the Bible isn't open to interpretation is just a mind-blowingly myopic statement.
The books of the Bible were written by men.
Debated and voted in by men.
Men who chose the 66 some odd included from thousands of proposed options.
Men who wrote and chose what they did based on ulterior motives, personal gain, prejudices and so on.
To use the Bible as a reason to be against legalization of Marijuana is just gobsmacking to me
people try their best to twist and bend the bible to mean whatever they want, however the words are the same today as they were when they were written. You can't just choose a few passages you agree with, then ignore or claim "mistranslation" for the ones you don't.

people try their best to twist and bend the bible to mean whatever they want, however the words are the same today as they were when they were written. You can't just choose a few passages you agree with, then ignore or claim "mistranslation" for the ones you don't.

Actually the words aren’t the same today as when they were written. How many English versions of the Bible are there (all of which are accepted versions)? Upwards of 50? They are all different in some way with either the wording or specific words. The themes are obviously the same, but wording has been changed as translations get better, or are better understood for meaning in the time periods they were written. And sometimes it’s changed to more align with modern beliefs (or what some in the modern world want it to say).

But the individual words and their interpretation are very important, especially when people use them to deny rights to others.

So what version of the Bible (it doesn’t have to be an English one if you want to get into a deep cut), is the definitive word of God (more so than any other version)?

Either you're being sarcastic, in which case kudos to you sir, well played!!!
Or I'm to assume you don't eat shellfish, wear clothing that's not 100% cotton (like a poly-cotton blend), you're not involved in any loan activity such as a home mortgage, don't have any tattoos, and so on and so forth.
I'm a person of deep faith and a Christian, but asketh though to giveth me a freakin' break 😅

Actually the words aren’t the same today as when they were written. How many English versions of the Bible are there (all of which are accepted versions)? Upwards of 50?
Technically, the words are the same as when they were written.

But yes, people continually work on and change translations into different languages.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT