ADVERTISEMENT

OT . . . SIAP - Columbia repeals emergency mask mandate effective immediately *

Columbia has had a mask mandate this whole time? I thought part of the beauty of living in SC was none of that bureaucratic liberal shite. I'm up in Fort Mill and been loving not being over the border in Charlotte with all that big city regulation shite on top of all the NC State shite with Dem Cooper. I assumed all of SC was badass but I guess Cola is trashed out with Dems.

Columbia has had a mask mandate this whole time? I thought part of the beauty of living in SC was none of that bureaucratic liberal shite. I'm up in Fort Mill and been loving not being over the border in Charlotte with all that big city regulation shite on top of all the NC State shite with Dem Cooper. I assumed all of SC was badass but I guess Cola is trashed out with Dems.
Columbia's "leadership" leaves a lot to be desired. Thankfully, we're about to get a new mayor.

Yep — and even after having to endure the mandate while those of us elsewhere in the state (except probably the liberal Mecca of Charleston proper) have enjoyed mask freedom, the people of Columbia would still no doubt vote for a Democrat mayor.

Jesus. Obsessed with Democrats much?

Strange way to live. But whatevs...

While I’m not trying to defend Cooper in the slightest, only a few counties that I can think of still had mask mandates. Mecklenburg (Charlotte), Orange (Raleigh area) and Watauga (Boone and Blowing Rock). Boone and Blowing Rock were voting last night on whether or not to end it. As of right now, I don’t know the outcome of the vote

Mecklenburg’s mandate could end next week if the percent positive rate stays at 5% or lower for 7 consecutive days. I work in Mecklenburg county, but don’t live there thankfully. From what I’ve seen, a lot of people have given the middle finger (myself included) to the current mandate. Other than being forced to wear one at my job, I don’t wear one at all. Once these damn mandates are finally repealed, they need to stay repealed forever.

North Jersey & a Gator fan calling others trashy says all you need to know. Sorry your jorts are a bunch about the 40+% of SC that votes blue-

About time. We have all - and still do - to mask up while Covid + people are allowed to come through the southern border then flown all over the country, And then we’re going to pay them. These people are insane.

Actually had someone tell me that story was ridiculous garbage, but within a few hours everyone involved seems to have confirmed it's true.

Unbelievable to even talk about, much less follow through on.

Reactions: SparkleCity
Wonder how this might impact by neighbor? Really going to miss watching her mask a dog each morning. Although, she will probably view this as misinformation and continue being her best self. The Maddow crowd are a very special bunch.
Stop 🤣, for real, masking her 🐕? 🤣

Reactions: turncock
Please explain the mask mandate to the 750,000 plus dead citizens of this country. I'm sure they would agree it was useless if they were alive .

Well if masking up would have made any substantial difference then you would have a point.
Explain how all the restrictions and mandates were helpful to all the business owners that lost thelr livelihood over the past two years.

I haven’t worn a mask out in awhile except on rare occasions. Not since Covid first hit a year or so ago. Not unless an employee of a business asks me to. Their house, their rules.
A mandate is suggestion. There are no legal ramifications for not following them.

Last edited:
Good, so we won't have to worry about you moving to Columbia? No complaints here.

Reactions: JeffTweedyFan
A Republican candidate won’t win in the City of Columbia. It’s a very liberal City and people only care about if there is a D for democrat attached to the name. I’m shocked it was close enough for a runoff. Tameka Devine is a political sWaMp MoNsTeR but it’s what we are going to get unless there is a miracle.

When is the runoff vote? I’ll go out and vote for whoever the other candidate is.

Reactions: Lakecock1
I haven’t worn a mask out in awhile except on rare occasions. Not since Covid first hit a year or so ago. Not unless an employee of a business asks me to. Their house, their rules.
A mandate is suggestion. There are no legal ramifications for not following them.
Same here. And, if there is a store that didn't require a mask, that is the store I used.

Costco had a sign out that said 'A Mask Is Mandatory For Entering The Store'. I wore one to enter, then promptly removed it and stuck it in my pocket. I know how to follow instructions.

A Republican candidate won’t win in the City of Columbia. It’s a very liberal City and people only care about if there is a D for democrat attached to the name. I’m shocked it was close enough for a runoff. Tameka Devine is a political sWaMp MoNsTeR but it’s what we are going to get unless there is a miracle.

When is the runoff vote? I’ll go out and vote for whoever the other candidate is.

The opponent is not affiliated with either party

Good, so we won't have to worry about you moving to Columbia? No complaints here.
I've been multiple times but every time was just to Riverbanks Zoo, which is basically the best thing in Cola for a family man like myself. Cola isn't a place that is attractive to most. It sits in a geological bowl, which is why it's hotter and more humid than much of the rest of the State, so that blows. Funny, I almost went to USC Honors College back in the day but chose Gators instead. Didn't think I'd one day be living in SC. Been here almost 8 years right near the NC/SC border and glad I'm on the SC side, lol.

Same here. And, if there is a store that didn't require a mask, that is the store I used.

Costco had a sign out that said 'A Mask Is Mandatory For Entering The Store'. I wore one to enter, then promptly removed it and stuck it in my pocket. I know how to follow instructions.
You are SO badass!

No, he is obsessed with government morons trying to completely control how adults live their lives in a free country. Especially when the Liberal idiots treat illegal aliens better than their own citizens.
This! If they ain't controlling our lives and treating illegals BETTER than the average working American tax payer, then they ain't being good liberal dems.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT