ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Since we are talking about "this, that and the other" a question concerning something my wife and I

Freddie.B.Cocky

Jul 19, 2002
are considering. I'm 76 and my wife is 69 and we are looking at future needs in our home. We are in good health now but as we get older who knows how our health will be. We are considering having a walk-in shower bathtub installed. We called for an appointment but they told us they couldn't book anything more than a few days in advance. So sometime in early April we are planning on having those guys you see advertised on TV come out and tell what they can offer us and of course give us a price.

Anybody out there that has had the bathtub/walk-in showers installed? And if so, what was/is your level of satisfaction? Also, what should we expect pricewise?

Thanks in advance.

I’ve always seen those displays at the sportsman classic and always came away impressed with them. I don’t know anyone that’s ever had one installed but the people I spoke with could answer any question you had and were very detailed. They do use independent contractors for installation though.

I’ve always seen those displays at the sportsman classic and always came away impressed with them. I don’t know anyone that’s ever had one installed but the people I spoke with could answer any question you had and were very detailed. They do use independent contractors for installation though.

The independent contractors is something I don't like. There was one company that claimed they had their own contractors. I think it was the company that our own Jack Roper was a spokesman for at one time.

The independent contractors is something I don't like. There was one company that claimed they had their own contractors. I think it was the company that our own Jack Roper was a spokesman for at one time.
I found an excellent independent contractor that works for directv. He gave me his personal number and I can call him directly when I want to upgrade equipment or have an issue and don’t have to fool around with going through directv. If you can find a contractor that others have used, you could go directly through them and not have to “get lucky” with whoever they send you.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
Won’t you get cold waiting for filling up and emptying the water before you can open the walk-in door?

Just put a bench in the shower with wheel chair access and a long hose.

Reactions: Sumptacock
Won’t you get cold waiting for filling up and emptying the water before you can open the walk-in door?

Just put a bench in the shower with wheel chair access and a long hose.

But one has to step over the sides of a conventional tub/shower.

Your alternative is to et an "Accessible" shower liek ou see in some hotels and such. Has about a 1 inch lip to keep the water in. Of course, it's shower only but they do make seats for them. The walk in type with the door I thin you are looking at about $4-5K

Reactions: vacock#
Your alternative is to et an "Accessible" shower liek ou see in some hotels and such. Has about a 1 inch lip to keep the water in. Of course, it's shower only but they do make seats for them. The walk in type with the door I thin you are looking at about $4-5K

That was kind of what I was expecting or at least something in that price range.

Thanks for your input.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT