ADVERTISEMENT

OT: this article has me questioning my life choices

Was never a gamer. Only 2 systems I ever had were a Nintendo and Sega Genesis. Couldn’t afford a bunch of games so I would have to rent one on a weekend every now and then.

I am utterly incapable of doing the first person shooter type games. Played Halo a few times with a friend of mine and I was terrible.

Guess I should have been more committed.

Was never a gamer. Only 2 systems I ever had were a Nintendo and Sega Genesis. Couldn’t afford a bunch of games so I would have to rent one on a weekend every now and then.

I am utterly incapable of doing the first person shooter type games. Played Halo a few times with a friend of mine and I was terrible.

Guess I should have been more committed.
I recently pulled out an old NES I had. Didn't work but for whatever reason, kept it. With a few bucks and a youtube video I refurbished it. Works like new. Ordered a game cartridge soon after that has 50 popular old school games on it for next to nothing. Pretty fun. Blast from the past.

I remember my first game, can't remember what the name of the system was but it was a bar on both sides of the t.v. that hit the ball back and forth. I thought now this is technology. Boy we have come a long way!

Reactions: caughtlookin
Getting paid millions to play video games is a pretty sweet gig. But I still think the Top Gear guys have him beat.

When I was between wives, I lived at Lake Wateree for a year. Spring rolled around and as I would be driving into work, there would be maybe 10-20 guys walking from the local store to the bridge with a cane pole or fishing rod and minnow bucket in one hand and a 40 oz. in a bag in the other. I would often think "What am I doing?"

Yes, this is funny, but that's the truth. But guys lets keep in mind that these guys, are playing this game 24/7, so it's like a full-time job for them. So we should admire the passion and the hard work that they are putting into this. And beside that cybersports are very competitive, so we should keep that in mind too. I am wondering what kind of gaming PC they are using. I am sure that they must have the best prebuilt gaming pc. By the way, that's just my opinion, so please don't be negative towards it.

Last edited:
When I was between wives, I lived at Lake Wateree for a year. Spring rolled around and as I would be driving into work, there would be maybe 10-20 guys walking from the local store to the bridge with a cane pole or fishing rod and minnow bucket in one hand and a 40 oz. in a bag in the other. I would often think "What am I doing?"
Thats the difference in living life and chasing life.

• Love
Reactions: TheReelEss
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT