ADVERTISEMENT

OT- US OPEN/ Discussion

Cocky4SC

Dec 2, 2014
Spartanburg SC
Should be an interesting week at Winged Foot.

I'm thinking we might see another +5/+6 win this week.

Who is your winner/score?

Fingers crossed for a Woods victory shoots +5 to win by one.

Last edited:
Watching it now on golf channel.nice to see them broadcast it so early.that rough looks nasty tho.Unless the course toughens up I see at least-5 or more.

Reactions: Cocky4SC
The US Open is always eye opening to me. I used to be a decent golfer in high school and college (not on a college team), shooting mid-70s to low 80s. It would be an utter shock to see how impossible the Open courses are set up for average “kind of good” golfers. When the winner at Harbor Town is -25, and the winner at the Open is +2 or more, that tells you a lot right there.

Heck, I played the Ocean Course from the member tees set up for weekend golfers back when I was pretty good, and by the end of the round, I thought I might give up golf forever 🤦‍♂️

The US Open is always eye opening to me. I used to be a decent golfer in high school and college (not on a college team), shooting mid-70s to low 80s. It would be an utter shock to see how impossible the Open courses are set up for average “kind of good” golfers. When the winner at Harbor Town is -25, and the winner at the Open is +2 or more, that tells you a lot right there.

Heck, I played the Ocean Course from the member tees set up for weekend golfers back when I was pretty good, and by the end of the round, I thought I might give up golf forever 🤦‍♂️
I played the Ocean Course about 2 weeks after the Ryder Cup in 1991. At the time my handicap was around a 7. After the round I wanted to quit golf all together. I think I shot in the upper 90's...those constant 25 mph winds will beat you down. Still to this day is the hardest golf course I have ever played.

I'm thinking Kuchar has a good weekend given his accuracy off the tee. Looking for Rahm to be right there as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT