ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Weather Freak Out

I don't see why you people even drink milk. The people who will throw up in their mouths at the thought of drinking a woman's breast milk will happily slug down a big glass of bovine breast milk. Or pour it all over their Lucky Charms.

Milk is gross.
May the milk be with you.....

200.gif

For some people, the threat of bad weather is an excuse to plan to have a big family meal at some point because they know they'll all be piled up in the same house together.
Never would knock a family meal but I think the grocery store raid is an indictment on the obesity epidemic in this country. I doubt they are out of fruits and vegetables.

Don't watch the agenda driven news. Stopped watching years ago. I'm looking forward to the snow. Did not see a single snowflake all last winter. Have not had decent snowfall in my area for about 10 yrs.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Prepared is one thing. Buying 5 gallons of milk for a family of 3 is a bit much. Yes, there are folks that have done that.
I went shopping at the Ingles in Easley today — which is my regular shopping day. I drink only almond milk (lactose intolerant) and there was plenty of it. Regular milk seemed to be in good supply. The store clerks were stocking the shelves like normal. Everything except breads were in normal supply. Lines were long but the store was doing a great job restocking to meet demand. My only complaint is that the Palmetto Pimento Cheese had been wiped out. The forecast for Easley is 3 to 5 inches of snow beginning tomorrow so I had figured the store would already be wiped out of everything.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Yep, that's my wife and I. We easily have enough meat in the freezer to last us 2 weeks (probably much longer to be honest). We also have a system in the pantry, we always have a replacement. When we take something out, we always have another behind it, which gets replaced the next grocery visit. Works for us, and we're RARELY out of anything that we need.

Hoarding is what I saw last week at the grocery store. I was on the drink aisle, saw a guy that I'm casual friends with wiping out the grape Powerade's. I jokingly said "damn dude, you must be thirsty". He said that's what he drinks, they rarely have them, and he wipes them out when they do. He had at least 35-40 in his buggy.
If he drinks 4 a day that's only a 10 day supply. May or may not be hoarding depending on how many he has at home.

I don't see why you people even drink milk. The people who will throw up in their mouths at the thought of drinking a woman's breast milk will happily slug down a big glass of bovine breast milk. Or pour it all over their Lucky Charms.

Milk is gross.
Guess you were not breast fed as a baby.

And now it's turning to just an ice/snow mix storm. Nothing like the last time it froze around here for 2 weeks. Weather forecasting has changed so much. They are making things worse sounding about every upcoming event. The weather will blow through quickly tomorrow and we'll all be working on Monday.

Agreed but again the low is projected at 32. The odds of it being dangerous ice levels for more than a few hours if at all are extremely low.
The thing about temperatures and freezing rain is you can have significant freezing rain accumulate at an official temperature report of 34 degrees. Reason being that official (airport) Temps are recorded at 6 feet above ground, cold air sinks so it can be 31 degrees on the ground with an official temp of 34 degrees. Called super cooling I believe. And since it's the actual temperature 20' above ground on limbs and power lines that causes power outages, an 8 hour event at 34 degrees can be very problematic. Time will tell I suppose.

Reactions: bashby33
Haha, I was not. And I was raised on nasty-ass powdered milk.

Doesn’t change the fact that drinking milk is weird…unless you are an infant or a newborn calf.
I assume your parents did the best they could raising you but you can't compare the taste of powdered milk to regular milk. And drinking milk may be weird to you but not to many others.

Reactions: Lurker123
It's actually a federal holiday for all Americans.
My point is there is a large portion of the country that will still be working and going out if it’s nasty. That’s it.

Also just because it’s a federal holiday doesn’t mean a business has to pay for or offer you that holiday. A federal holiday just means the US government observes that holiday.

Last edited:
And now it's turning to just an ice/snow mix storm. Nothing like the last time it froze around here for 2 weeks. Weather forecasting has changed so much. They are making things worse sounding about every upcoming event. The weather will blow through quickly tomorrow and we'll all be working on Monday.
Weather forecasters are so far off it’s pitiful. I’ve got to where I keep an eye on the radar and see what’s moving, then check behind the places the system has passed to see what’s in it. Works fairly well but not entirely accurate but beats the forecasters.

And, our crew will all be working outside tomorrow if nothing is falling.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT