ADVERTISEMENT

OT: ZZ Top bassist dead at 72

Well son of a bitch. Canceled the last two times they came to Charleston. Was planning to see them in September.

Saw a great piece on them on CBS Sunday Morning last year. Seemed like a good cool dude. Sad.

Very sad to hear a buddy of mine from high school was a huge fan. I'm sure he is pretty upset. I think they were supposed to play tonight in Simpsonville ? Right ?

My first exposure to them as a kid came when Gorgeous Jimmy Garvin used "Sharp Dressed Man" as his ring intro.

Suffice to say they became so much more as learned more about them. Sad day, today.

Reactions: JohnnySolo
I don't specifically remember the heat though it was the summer as I remember it.A friend was searched by the police for possession of marijuana.That was back in the long hair days and he had a long, bushy head of hair.They never thought to look behind his ears.Ha!

I’m a very old guy but became a fan back in the early seventies. The first album I heard was Rio Grande Mud and then bought The First Album. If you haven’t listened to those you need to give them a try. Nieghbor Nieghbor from the fist album is awesome but the all are. RIP Dusty. My friends first got turned onto it when they picked up a black hitch hiker in New Mexico or Arizona who was a big early fan.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT