ADVERTISEMENT

Our coaches should see what winning would do for them

andersoncountycock

Nov 12, 2019
Clemson offensive coordinator Tony Elliott has received a raise and will earn $1.6 million a year. The increase ties him for the highest-paid offensive assistant in college football. Elliott has been the Tigers co-coordinator for the past five years WOW

Why do they need to win? Tanner hands out extensions and big money regardless. Don’t we have the highest paid WR coach?
BS. He gives raises and extensions after a coach turns a three win program into a NINE win program in just a two year period. He gave an extension after our basketball coach took our team to the FINAL FOUR... As all of us would have and as every AD in the nation would have. Our fans need to get over it... Hindsight is 20/20, there was nothing wrong with the extensions when he gave them.

BS. He gives raises and extensions after a coach turns a three win program into a NINE win program in just a two year period. He gave an extension after our basketball coach took our team to the FINAL FOUR... As all of us would have and as every AD in the nation would have. Our fans need to get over it... Hindsight is 20/20, there was nothing wrong with the extensions when he gave them.
I don’t have an issue with the Martin extension following the final four run. I still think he’s a good coach but has been hampered by the guy who gave him the extension. When you suspend a guy for not giving hugs you send a bad message.

In terms of the football program there was not turning things around. It was a 3 year season with a walk-on QB that had the coach walk out on them. It was the first losing season in 11 years and Muschamp won 9 games with those players. He wasn’t a sought after commodity and even in those two winning seasons the offense was absolutely garbage. So after “turning things around” he had to go right back into his old pattern of firing OCs and then promoted a guy with no experience and had Tanner pay him like one of the top OCs in the SEC.

Go ahead and keep telling yourself that the guy whose never had success as a HC with his guys who he recruited and coaching is improving the program. I will agree that he’s turning things around it’s just not in the right direction.

I don't think Martin got suspended for not giving hugs. It was for getting in the face and cussing a player where everyone could hear him in the whole CLA.

Reactions: Surfside Gamecock
He gave the ridiculous buyout and extension after the 2018 regular season -- where we won just SEVEN games. And looked pretty awful doing it.

https://www.postandcourier.com/spor...cle_e1170134-02d0-11e9-9f5c-8ffdc3910cbc.html

If Muschamp is fired now, we him just under $18 million. Conversely, if he were to leave us (like that'll ever happen), he only owes us $3.5 million. And all this came when NO ONE was trying to to hire him away from us. Ray was negotiating against himself.

Clemson offensive coordinator Tony Elliott has received a raise and will earn $1.6 million a year. The increase ties him for the highest-paid offensive assistant in college football. Elliott has been the Tigers co-coordinator for the past five years WOW

Success begets success. Clemson has a money printer at this point.

On the flip slide, our BOT & AD seem overly mired in the minutia. Zoom out.

Reactions: Legendary Cock

Accept that mediocrity.

Accept that mediocrity.
What Tf are you talking about? I made no comment intoning anything close to that. I stated facts- the AD gave our coaches extensions after the had success. How is that accepting mediocrity? Your own assumptions about me and my opinions are making you look like a fool.

He gave the ridiculous buyout and extension after the 2018 regular season -- where we won just SEVEN games. And looked pretty awful doing it.

https://www.postandcourier.com/spor...cle_e1170134-02d0-11e9-9f5c-8ffdc3910cbc.html

If Muschamp is fired now, we him just under $18 million. Conversely, if he were to leave us (like that'll ever happen), he only owes us $3.5 million. And all this came when NO ONE was trying to to hire him away from us. Ray was negotiating against himself.

you are telling me that a guy who took over a three win team and took them to three consecutive bowl seasons did not deserve a raise and extension? That is, as I said to Dizzy- BS. At the time he gave these extensions our coaches were having success. ONE bad year in FB and everyone is throwing the AD under the bus. I am nor arguing it has turned out to be the best situation possible, obviously nobody is happy with 4 wins, but you out yourself in the AD’s shoes at the time he did this it makes sense. Hindsight being 20-20 it does not loom smart now, but nobody nationally scoffed at Ray for handing Martin a big extension and raise and Muschamp seemed to be turning our program back into a winner at the time... again, like I said- took a 3 win team and won NINE two years later. Every single struggling program in the country would take those results from a new hire and be thankful they had him and want to keep that guy around. If you butthurt little feelings won’t allow you to admit that it made sense at the time because we had one bad year then you are being childish.

you are telling me that a guy who took over a three win team and took them to three consecutive bowl seasons did not deserve a raise and extension? That is, as I said to Dizzy- BS. At the time he gave these extensions our coaches were having success. ONE bad year in FB and everyone is throwing the AD under the bus. I am nor arguing it has turned out to be the best situation possible, obviously nobody is happy with 4 wins, but you out yourself in the AD’s shoes at the time he did this it makes sense. Hindsight being 20-20 it does not loom smart now, but nobody nationally scoffed at Ray for handing Martin a big extension and raise and Muschamp seemed to be turning our program back into a winner at the time... again, like I said- took a 3 win team and won NINE two years later. Every single struggling program in the country would take those results from a new hire and be thankful they had him and want to keep that guy around. If you butthurt little feelings won’t allow you to admit that it made sense at the time because we had one bad year then you are being childish.
First iff, I'm not arguing the FM raise. He absolutely deserved one at the time.

Regarding Muschamp, You need to get your facts straight before you lash out with personal insults. Muschamp did get a raise after beating Michigan. But that 9-win season was Muschamp's 2nd year. Not his third. (Like his failed stint at Florida, he had his best year in his 2nd season. Then the wheels of started to fall off.) Ray gave him a another extension and buyout after only winning 7 games and the 2018 season. That is the one that I'm arguing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT