ADVERTISEMENT

Our season just got much easier next year

CCUIrmo

Jul 15, 2010
Georgia has Mclendon on staff now to go with Muschamp and Bobo. Those guys all worked wonders here. Now Arkansas has hired Deke Adams as D-line coach. Our running backs will gain over 300 yds on them. Wow, it just keeps getting better for us.

Georgia has Mclendon on staff now to go with Muschamp and Bobo. Those guys all worked wonders here. Now Arkansas has hired Deke Adams as D-line coach. Our running backs will gain over 300 yds on them. Wow, it just keeps getting better for us.
Our schedule is actually very difficult. Our away games include Arkansas and Kentucky, as for UGA I hope you are correct. We will see.

Our schedule is actually very difficult. Our away games include Arkansas and Kentucky, as for UGA I hope you are correct. We will see.
It was more of a slight at those guys as coaches than truly thinking schedule was easy. Although deke Adams ranks with Darrin horn and Steve Newton as three worst coaches ever at usc. I did think Mclendon could have done a bit better had Muschamp stayed out the way.

This is the bizarre thing about coaching. It’s less of what you know and more of who you know. The same 25 guys seem to get recycled over and over again with some managing to continually fail upward.
Who you know is always important in every walk of life, not just coaching.

Reactions: rodemi
That's what college football is, just recycled coaches. You fired here or there because you can't produce then another staff hires you somehow believing the good coach fairy paid you a visit and made you a good coach. Go figure.

Reactions: Cybercock
Great post!

giphy.gif

Except for maybe a Saban, coaching doesn't matter nearly as much as many want to think. They are rarely the geniuses some make them out to be, nor are they the village idiots that they are portrayed as when things go bad. At its core, the game isn't that hard. It is all about talent. Always has been, always will be.

Except for maybe a Saban, coaching doesn't matter nearly as much as many want to think. They are rarely the geniuses some make them out to be, nor are they the village idiots that they are portrayed as when things go bad. At its core, the game isn't that hard. It is all about talent. Always has been, always will be.
Of course there are exceptions to that. Muschamp had some pretty good talent when he was hired at Florida.....

If you were a conspiracy theorist, it would seem as if CWM, Bozo, and other UGA coaches came over to wreck our program. Of course, that isn't true but the results sure pan out that way
I don't think any of them truly believed we could be anything other than mid-tier. Beamer does believe it as did Spurrier before him.

I do think those programs could suffer from these coaching hires eventually.

But bad coaching usually takes some time for the fissures to show. However Adams did manage it in no time, despite having a loaded DL. So there's that.
I have no doubt Arkansas will go in decline after they drop off our schedule.

Will Muschamp has a NC at Georgia. Like another poster has said. Jimmy's and Joe's. Muschamp was a failure here and Fla. As a HC but has been successful as a defensive guy just about everywhere he's been. He's simply not a Head Coach.

Yes, they still out-talent us by a mile. Kirby is putting these guys in their proper roles. Muschamp, obviously, is not a head coach, but he has a decent track record as a DC. Bobo's OC days have passed him by, but he can probably useful in an analyst role. McClendon is obviously not an OC, but can be a good position coach. We made the mistake of putting Muschamp in the wrong role for his skill set and then he made the mistakes of putting the other guys in the wrong roles for their skill sets.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT