ADVERTISEMENT

Outrageous time and money spent on Final Four floor

allcarolina2

Feb 19, 2009
Don't get me wrong, it's an awesome-looking floor, but dang! I didn't see if there was a price, but the math says "a lot" -- 500 trees, 125 workers working over 4 months. All this to manufacture something and ship it from Michigan to Arizona to be used three times.

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/18985386/from-tree-tipoff

I went back and looked at video of the 1970 final four, at Cole Field House in Maryland. Know what was painted on the baseline? "Terrapins."

I may have to amend my initial reaction. This from USA Today:

"When the tournament ends, the championship school has the first option to purchase the court. In the rare occurrence that no one buys it, it is recycled for the next year."

Dat'd be nice.

Reactions: ShannonL
I may have to amend my initial reaction. This from USA Today:

"When the tournament ends, the championship school has the first option to purchase the court. In the rare occurrence that no one buys it, it is recycled for the next year."

Dat'd be nice.

Wow. I hope Ray Tanner has a check ready if we go all the way. Can you imagine the fund raising potential of selling off small sections of the actual floor the championship game was played on. Every Gamecock fan would be lined up to buy them.

Wow. I hope Ray Tanner has a check ready if we go all the way. Can you imagine the fund raising potential of selling off small sections of the actual floor the championship game was played on. Every Gamecock fan would be lined up to buy them.

You would install the floor in your practice facility and use it for motivation / remembrance. I think Florida did this a few years back.

Reactions: cockhornleghorn
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT