ADVERTISEMENT

Parents be ware, Dabo will tell you he's a doctor but...

southflcock

Nov 6, 2001
The handwriting is on the wall...Dabo cares only about winning at the expense of the health of your son. RECRUITS BE AWARE! He may paint a picture of "all in" and "we're a family, and I'm a "man of God", but all he cares about is winning. At least twice in the last 5 years he's played QB's that were in no way in an shape to take the football field. Given the chance he'll screw up your son's chances to play in the pros. STAY AWAY FROM THAT cow dung covered, lying, cheating, think he's a doctor scumbag up in them thar hills!

The handwriting is on the wall...Dabo cares only about winning at the expense of the health of your son. RECRUITS BE AWARE! He may paint a picture of "all in" and "we're a family, and I'm a "man of God", but all he cares about is winning. At least twice in the last 5 years he's played QB's that were in no way in an shape to take the football field. Given the chance he'll screw up your son's chances to play in the pros. STAY AWAY FROM THAT cow dung covered, lying, cheating, think he's a doctor scumbag up in them thar hills!
Yeah he really messed up Watson's chances to make it in the NFL!! Oh wait, uhmm? He has set rookie records, let me get back to you!

Yeah he really messed up Watson's chances to make it in the NFL!! Oh wait, uhmm? He has set rookie records, let me get back to you!
Ok genius, what would have happened if Watson played a team that pressured him and hit him relentlessly while playing with a torn acl? He had limited mobility, luckily for him so did our defense.

It was a foolish decision to play someone with his promise over a game that had to long term impact aside from beating a rival that you would have likely beat anyway.

Reactions: fire ant
Watson was lucky he didn’t do any more damage. You responders must not be gamecock fans if you trash my post. I’m trying to dissuade recruits from stepping into some cow shit

Watson was lucky he didn’t do any more damage. You responders must not be gamecock fans if you trash my post. I’m trying to dissuade recruits from stepping into some cow shit
Pretty neat how team doctors cleared Watson to play, but you apparently know more than them. Oh, right, it's a conspiracy up thar, and Dabo MADE the team docs lie and say he was ok to play.

I’m just saying that Dabo will risk further injury to players even after they’ve been cleared just to win. Medicine is not an exact science and one little twist or torque that way could end a career. And yes I’m a doctor and know a little something

Last edited:
The tater doctors may have cleared him to play physically but that decision didn't seem to factor in his limited mobility and his ability to scramble out of harms way.

Had he been more mobile he likely could have avoided the concussion.

He got lucky with Watson. If Clemson had been playing UTe on that Saturday in DV (as opposed to USC and our 'brilliant DC) Watson would probably be selling insurance door-to-door.

Reactions: IBleedUSC
Pretty neat how team doctors cleared Watson to play, but you apparently know more than them. Oh, right, it's a conspiracy up thar, and Dabo MADE the team docs lie and say he was ok to play.

Did it appear to you that the QB was obviously playing in pain last night? It was blatantly obvious to everyone else viewing the game. The QB's concussion is on Dabo, and he should take some heat for it. Syracuse defense saw that he couldn't move and started bringing the pressure. He was taking hit after hit, yet Dabo never substituted. The kid's concussion could have been prevented.

Did it appear to you that the QB was obviously playing in pain last night? It was blatantly obvious to everyone else viewing the game. The QB's concussion is on Dabo, and he should take some heat for it. Syracuse defense saw that he couldn't move and started bringing the pressure. He was taking hit after hit, yet Dabo never substituted. The kid's concussion could have been prevented.
I don't disagree with that. I don't think Bryant should have even started the game. I was just saying that the Watson commentary wasn't accurate.

Reactions: BigTomE
For perspective as a Gamecock: One of my favorite comebacks ever (against Mizzou) a few years ago was orchestrated by an injured Connor Shaw coming in late in the 3rd quarter to spark a dreadful offense. His mobility was severely limited. He looked like he was ready to lay down on the bench between series. But he managed to get through the game and pull us out with an overtime victory. It was a risky move by Spurrier that could have backfired, but thankfully did not.

I think these kinds of decisions are made every game, by every football team - just usually for less obvious positions than the QB. How many times do we see a lineman or DB listed as questionable all week only to suit up for the game? All the time. Unfortunately for Clemson, this kid didn't fare so well.

I think it also comes down to a "play through the pain" culture in all of sports. Yes, Dabo could have pulled him a few plays earlier. It was an ugly offensive series at that point. But I think most coaches would probably have been thinking get through this series and then talk about it on the sidelines. I do NOT think this is like the woozie QB from last year (I forget which team) which was sent back into the huddle after probably already having a concussion and not being able to stand. That was a fireable offense for that coach.

He did chew the freshman punters ass out after the bad pass. But he is teflon, you think all these people all of a sudden with Clemson flags and t shirts care? I wouldn't if we were winning like they do. Sa an would do the same but not put the kid in that position to begin with

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT