ADVERTISEMENT

Pass the time OT. What sport did you play in high school and/or college?

jeff2001

Apr 5, 2003
Blue Ridge high varsity
Baseball 10-12 grade. 1st team all-region 1987
Basketball 10-12 grade.

Last edited:
Reactions: GeoCocky
Dorman Baseball 9-12 Varsity
Dorman Football 9-11, 9th, JV, Varsity

Didn’t play college - went into the Navy. Played professional baseball while stationed in Italy ( think American Legion level guys, but it was fun) and traveled all over Europe playing fast pitch softball, softball, flag and tackle football for the base teamS. Looking back it makes me wonder when I worked and I thought I was deployed a lot. LOL

Blue Ridge high varsity
Basketball 10-12 grade.
Man, did we play in some dumps back in 1A ball in the 80s...lol Jonesville baseball field was down in a hole and felt like a prison.
At BR, we had a brick bathroom out in deep right field. Lol

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
Tamassee Salem had a hill in left field. If you hit it up the hill the left fielder has to climb the hill to get the ball. Lol

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
Football at Spring Valley. Was part of the ‘88 State Championshii team, though I was deep on the bench and watched the game from the sidelines. Still neat to be in Williams-Brice for that game. We beat Gaffney 3-0 on a late Marty Simpson field goal.

Football, basketball, tennis all 4 years. Started in football as a senior, and junior/senior years in basketball. All conference in tennis 3 years, and state runner up twice. A long, long time ago...graduated in 1973.

Man, did we play in some dumps back in 1A ball in the 80s...lol Jonesville baseball field was down in a hole and felt like a prison.
At BR, we had a brick bathroom out in deep right field. Lol

We had to play against each other. I played baseball for Ware Shoals High 86, 87, 88. There were a lot of bad fields lol

9th grade: Irmo high cross country/track

10th-12th grade: Dutch Fork cross country/track
All-region
All-state
Pepsi player of the week (still have my jacket somewhere lol)

D-1 scholarship runner before knee injury ended career

Little bit of football, baseball and basketball in high school. Loved sports, but in retrospect, I should've been a manager or water boy, or taken up an instrument and joined the marching band. I would've gotten more playing time.

Too small and slow.

If I could go back and do it differently I would’ve played high school golf. My complaint now is that it’s too expensive and time consuming to get where I want to be. Could’ve honed the skills playing for free every day then. Big miss on my part

Blue Ridge high varsity
Basketball 10-12 grade.

Lettered in soccer in HS two years (I was a beanpole). Went out for football playing DE, but my Mom made me quit before the first game. She was scared I'd get hurt.

2nd string cornerback in HS. And as much as I loved playing baseball pre-HS, played tennis as a one seed my freshman year. Knee injury ended all in 10th grade. Started a business out of HS that sponsored a LL baseball team. Coached that a few years while sponsoring and playing men's softball those same years. Went on from there to coach girls softball for 18 years exclusively. HS ended in disappointment but I have been blessed ever since.

Baseball as a young kid, but was lazy and did not continue after early junior high. Soccer - fullback - junior high through high school (the private school I attended did not have a football program) and continued playing in various leagues until my mid 30's. Played DE in football the one year my parents allowed me to go to the public school down the road and loved it. Parents made me go back to private school after a fatal stabbing that occurred at my high school in 1986. Those things did not happen then, and surprisingly, I didnt even try to argue with them....

Don't mean to brag, but I was a "two-way" sensation in college-- playing both DE and center. Team captain as well. We might of made it to the championship, had I not Injured my left ankle. Oh, perhaps I failed to mention the division and conference in which I played. Intramural 8 on 8 flag football, Baby! Best time of my life.

Soccer 4 years at Sumter High...I was a damn stud...made Christiano Ronaldo look like a bench rider....you've never heard of me because I was forced to quit after high school for being too good...yea that good...don't google me because you will feel like a loser after reading what I accomplished...bitches

Soccer 4 years at Sumter High...I was a damn stud...made Christiano Ronaldo look like a bench rider....you've never heard of me because I was forced to quit after high school for being too good...yea that good...don't google me because you will feel like a loser after reading what I accomplished...bitches
Track and football...been coaching in high school for almost 20 years, pretty good run for those years. Have coached great kids, been very lucky.

2 years football, 1 in SC at Fort Johnson (now James Island), 1 in NH at Phillips Exeter. 1 year each of basketball and tennis (both SC). Played in the Exeter-Andover game, which is the oldest HS football rivalry in the country (1878). Gave George H. W. Bush a campus tour. He was an Andover man visiting campus while running for president in '79. Nice fella.

SlimCorruptAmericancrow-max-1mb.gif

North Myrtle Beach
Football - 3 years - QB
Basketball - 1 year - PG
Baseball - 1 year (1st ever BB Team) P, Catcher, SS
Golf - 2 years - State Championship / Finished 2nd

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT