ADVERTISEMENT

Patriots reportedly cut Cam Newton and…

Bubbaglide

Sep 1, 2006
On the road again
Made Jones the starter. I thought Jones had a chance to start this year later and Can would start the year. I wonder how much the Covid stuff contributed? Belichek runs a tight ship. Would not surprise me at all

Reactions: Rhizzlebop
I am not a Cam Newton fan. I thought he tried to hard. However the funniest thing he ever did was the interview when he kept referring to Donkey Kong Sue as donkey kong sue. Can someone find that?

Without a doubt the biggest roster cut. It was reported to be a pretty tight race between Jones and Newton and most logically assumed Newton would be retained as the backup.

Without a doubt the biggest roster cut. It was reported to be a pretty tight race between Jones and Newton and most logically assumed Newton would be retained as the backup.
According to what I read, Jones began seperating himself and the past one or two pre-season games, he wasn't making any mistakes, period.

Reactions: GarnetBeamer
I am a big fan of Cam Newton. However, I was super disappointed to find out that he was not vaccinated. You are in a battle against a #1 pick and you put yourself in a position to give the young kid reps and take your spot. Cam did look good this training camp. His arm looked as strong as it has looked in 3-4 years. He appears to have lost about 15 lbs. However, he along with a lot of other people, are going to have realize that getting vaccinated is no longer optional if you want to work.

I find it interesting that a guy that was at least in the running for starter wasn't worth keeping on the roster as a back up.

Reactions: GarnetBeamer
I am a big fan of Cam Newton. However, I was super disappointed to find out that he was not vaccinated. You are in a battle against a #1 pick and you put yourself in a position to give the young kid reps and take your spot. Cam did look good this training camp. His arm looked as strong as it has looked in 3-4 years. He appears to have lost about 15 lbs. However, he along with a lot of other people, are going to have realize that getting vaccinated is no longer optional if you want to work.
I would say that depends on the job. If you work from home it is far less important. If you will be in player meetings where testing positive invokes NFL COVID protocols on everyone near you, it is pretty important.

Gonna be interesting to see where he lands.

This^^ all day. I live in Boston and when reports came out he was unvaccinated, Patriots Nation turned. Its not worth the risk. This is a state where over 85% of adults have at least one shot. It wont fly here.

Onward and upward. Go Pats!

• Angry
Reactions: nlstanford
He has no one to blame but himself. If he was vaccinated he’d probably be the starter.

I don’t see why a team would take a chance in a unvaccinated backup. The NFL rules are such that potential exposure could sideline him even if he tested negative.

Its my understanding that the covid vaccination does not prevent one from catching and spreading COVID. It only lessens the severity of YOUR symptoms. Which is why I don’t understand the point of it being forced on everyone. I’m not pro or anti vaccine. I decided it was in my best interest to get it. But literally the best thing for these players to not spread it to each other is to wear a legit n95 mask during games.

Its my understanding that the covid vaccination does not prevent one from catching and spreading COVID. It only lessens the severity of YOUR symptoms. Which is why I don’t understand the point of it being forced on everyone. I’m not pro or anti vaccine. I decided it was in my best interest to get it. But literally the best thing for these players to not spread it to each other is to wear a legit n95 mask during games.
Be prepared...medium and large corporations who provide medical coverage for their employees are meeting with their attorneys to determine how to make it mandatory....they are very concerned about the increasing cost of medical insurance due to the cost of unvaccinated people being hospitalized.

Be prepared...medium and large corporations who provide medical coverage for their employees are meeting with their attorneys to determine how to make it mandatory....they are very concerned about the increasing cost of medical insurance due to the cost of unvaccinated people being hospitalized.
Yep. Vaccine verification, vaccine tracking, premium increases for the unvaccinated and vaccine mandates are all hot topics with my Fortune 500 clients.

Reactions: rogue cock
Delta Airlines is charging unvaccinated workers an additional $200 a month for health insurance starting in September

Yep. Vaccine verification, vaccine tracking, premium increases for the unvaccinated and vaccine mandates are all hot topics with my Fortune 500 clients.
Hot topic in state and local government circles too, as police are some of the most resistant to vaccination requirements. In Texas it pits state government strategy against local county and municipal government strategy.

"No. Look, you guys keep talking about that," Belichick told reporters Wednesday morning."

"I would just point out that I don't know what the number is, but the number of players, coaches and staff members that have been infected by COVID in this training camp -- who have been vaccinated -- is a pretty high number. So I wouldn't lose sight of that."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...wton-vaccination-status-had-no-factor-release

Reactions: Ratheolcoach
"No. Look, you guys keep talking about that," Belichick told reporters Wednesday morning."

"I would just point out that I don't know what the number is, but the number of players, coaches and staff members that have been infected by COVID in this training camp -- who have been vaccinated -- is a pretty high number. So I wouldn't lose sight of that."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...wton-vaccination-status-had-no-factor-release
The issue was not vaccination alone. The issue was missing time at a crucial part of the decision making process for the QB position. Cam missed 5 days of practice and allowed Mac Jones to get all the reps in joint practices against the Giants. Until that week, Belichik was steadfast that Cam was his QB and Cam had gotten most of the reps with the ones. Mac Jones was excellent in those joint practices to the point of making it a toss-up decision. When it is a toss-up, you go with the young guy. It's a lesson that you never allow your backup reps if you can help it. Why do you think guys like Brady and Rogers keep playing every snap even when they are up 3 TDs.?

Didn’t NFLPA have a stipulation that vaccine status cannot be a reason for keeping or cutting a player? Clearly BB is just covering his ass like a pro.
Unlike Urban Meyer who stepped in it yesterday.

Might be safe to venture out & say this? The non vac people seem to be made up of right wingers & black folk…..unfortunately the blacks have a right to be skeptical.

Might be safe to venture out & say this? The non vac people seem to be made up of right wingers & black folk…..unfortunately the blacks have a right to be skeptical.
Well this Black folk thinks it’s stupid. It takes 15 minutes out of your day if you go to a Walgreens or CVS to take the vaccine, When I took it, I could barely feel it. Felt a slight pinch and asked the nurse is that it? For the holdouts, you are going to feel so ridiculous if and when you decide to take it. All this fuss over a vaccine, yet the government has mandated things. that are far more imposing. Just think about all the things the government makes us do to drive a car.

Haha, yeah ok. Maybe he believes in "My body, my choice." He'll find work elsewhere.

Reactions: Cybercock
Haha, yeah ok. Maybe he believes in "My body, my choice." He'll find work elsewhere.
Yea, Martavis Bryant and Ace Sanders said it was their body, their choice too and the NFL said see ya. If the NFL could mandate against marijuana use, they definitely can mandate a vaccine. The only reason they haven’t done it already is because it has to be collectively bargained. Jerry Jones is basically mandating now if you want to be a Dallas Cowboy.

Well this Black folk thinks it’s stupid. It takes 15 minutes out of your day if you go to a Walgreens or CVS to take the vaccine, When I took it, I could barely feel it. Felt a slight pinch and asked the nurse is that it? For the holdouts, you are going to feel so ridiculous if and when you decide to take it. All this fuss over a vaccine, yet the government has mandated things. that are far more imposing. Just think about all the things the government makes us do to drive a car.

Based on what I've read and seen and who I've talked to, the people balking at taking the vaccine aren't really worried about the needle itself.

Based on what I've read and seen and who I've talked to, the people balking at taking the vaccine aren't really worried about the needle itself.
I know. I have a younger brother that is talking crazy. My parents and my sister have asked me to talk to him several times. I finally had to tell them that I am done trying to talk to someone that fact checks the expertise of a doctor with the internet.

It’ll be interesting to see, as Harry would say, “the final stats”. …….been somewhat surprised we haven’t seen a better breakdown of who has & who hasn’t………for some reason this data is not shared. I don’t quite understand why?

NCAA is giving a sixth year of eligibility due to COVID. Cam was pretty good his first time through college. Dude's not a pro, so... maybe... he can be an amateur for a season?

I don’t recall having to inject a foreign substance that hasn’t been studied long-term to drive a car. I’m not saying I wouldn’t prefer that to standing in line at the DMV, but I digress.

I don’t recall having to inject a foreign substance that hasn’t been studied long-term to drive a car. I’m not saying I wouldn’t prefer that to standing in line at the DMV, but I digress.
If you were a student in the early to late 1960s, you may not remember it but you did.

If you were a student in the early to late 1960s, you may not remember it but you did.

A major delineation is that this current "vaccine" operates completely different than anything in history. It's a drug you'll now need to take every 5 months and it offers little guarantee outside of potentially reducing symptoms if you contract.

As Belichick noted, the vaccinated are still getting COVID and this has been true on other NFL teams as well. So that leads to the obvious question - what's the point of trying to force the low risk into vaccination at this point, especially as safety data continues to complie?

New Covid Pre-print:
Drs Ioannidis & Axfors at Stanford University

Age Infection Survival Rate
0-19 - 99.9973%
20-29 - 99.986%
30-39 - 99.969%
40-49 - 99.918%
50-59 - 99.73%
60-69 - 99.41%
70+ - 97.6% (non-inst.)
70+ - 94.5% (all 70s)

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.07.08.21260210v1