ADVERTISEMENT

Paul Finebaum reported Butch Jones is trying to get committed recruits to UT to decommit. ***

I have nothing for UT but it just sounds underhanded for a recently fired coach from the program to try and get players he had previous worked to get committed to UT to de-commit.

I heard the AD's presser after the firing and one of the reporters asked a question that included this report that Butch was trying to sway recruits to decommit. The AD did not dispute that claim. FWIW

Last edited:
It's hard to believe anyone committed to UT so they could play for Butch, so this will most likely hurt him much more than it hurts the Vols.

Butch is showing that Champions of Life attitude he talked about. I am all for our rival having an ex-wife problem.

Reactions: vehemon
Especially if that coach is about to walk away with millions of dollars. It's low-down.
Unless he has another head coaching job and is trying to lure the players to him. That's just playing the game. But to try and convince people to decommit out of spite? That's just stupid.

Reactions: king ward
I would be interested what is in Butch's contract regarding termination. Does Butch's conduct give justification to void UT's obligation to pay Butch any additional monies. Just thinking out loud of course.
Wouldn't that be fitting? Champion of Life has to bag groceries because his stupid spiteful behavior walked him right out of his buyout.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT