ADVERTISEMENT

Per USA Today, Urban Meyer is a victim of "The Times"...

I agree, Meyers is a victim of the holier than media and social media. He fired the coach.

Reactions: uscfootfan
Why didnt she charge him with something . I dont understand why if he beat her so bad.

I’m sure there was a tremendous amount of pressure on her not to charge her husband, from him and others. tOSU fans can be brutal to anything threatening their program. I’m sure she wanted to believe him when he said he’ll never do again and would get help, I’m assuming she did actually love him. If she charged him, its almost certain that he would have lost his high paying and prestigious job, both of which she benefited from as well. Her entire lifestyle would have changed for the worse. I think that they have children too, having your children’s father arrested and publicly humiliated could also have been a factor. I can easily understand why she didn’t immediately press charges.

Just to clear it up.. so Meyer knew about an incident in 2015 (in which he lied about knowing) and reported it to his superior? Is he possibly getting fired for lying when asked about it at Big Ten Media days?

Urban Meyer fans think Ohio State coach is a victim of the times

Too bad he lacked the intellect to realize such. You can't play dodgeball in regards to specific issues anymore.

Guess we'll see what we'll see in the next week or two.
Ohio State fans are a victim of Urban Meyer and their own Administration. Urban seems to surround himself with unsavory folks and The Ohio State Administration knew what they were getting. If they didn’t they aren’t qualified to make hires. Lay down with dogs and you get fleas.

I’m sure there was a tremendous amount of pressure on her not to charge her husband, from him and others. tOSU fans can be brutal to anything threatening their program. I’m sure she wanted to believe him when he said he’ll never do again and would get help, I’m assuming she did actually love him. If she charged him, its almost certain that he would have lost his high paying and prestigious job, both of which she benefited from as well. Her entire lifestyle would have changed for the worse. I think that they have children too, having your children’s father arrested and publicly humiliated could also have been a factor. I can easily understand why she didn’t immediately press charges.
There are many other variables but this is on point why some women don't report. And the fact that many are starting to bring her faults into it.

Reactions: king ward
According to him all he was going was bringing his kid home .
And that was a violation if his restraining order. Urban and Ohio St are obligated by federal law to take certain steps when allegations like these come to light. They don't have to crucify the guy based on allegations, but they must take steps to protect the accuser, see to it that the charges are investigated, etc. That's why he is on admin leave right now..to investigate what he knew, when he knew it, and what steps did he take.

If you’re Urban why would you fire the guy in 2015 if they couldn’t even charge him with anything?

Uhh, the "Thread title" (Per USA Today, Urban Meyer is a victim of "The Times"...)
is an exact reference to the linked article title...

If such is "extremely misleading" to you, then I know not what to tell you. I take it that the linked article title is most likely what you find to be misleading.

Peace out.
If you think the thread title and the article title say the same thing then you need a refresher course in reading comprehension 101.

Uhh, the "Thread title" (Per USA Today, Urban Meyer is a victim of "The Times"...)
is an exact reference to the linked article title...

If such is "extremely misleading" to you, then I know not what to tell you. I take it that the linked article title is most likely what you find to be misleading.

Peace out.

If you don't see the difference, I'm sorry. Yours thread title asserts (or very strongly implies) that USA Today has that opinion. The article says asserts that the fans have that opinion.

Reactions: Harvard Gamecock
If you think the thread title and the article title say the same thing then you need a refresher course in reading comprehension 101.

If you don't see the difference, I'm sorry. Yours thread title asserts (or very strongly implies) that USA Today has that opinion. The article says asserts that the fans have that opinion.

For the both of you in regards to Reading Comp 101 - From my post to which you both replied, here's a basic definition that obviously avoids your comprehension(s)...

ref·er·ence
ˈref(ə)rəns/
noun
  1. 1.
    the action of mentioning or alluding to something.
    "he made reference to the enormous power of the mass media"
    synonyms: mention of, allusion to, comment on, remark about
    "his journal contains many references to railroads"

And coolcock2001...

*Per USA Today, Urban Meyer Fans Say...

There you go OP

Preesh Dude!!

Meyer a victim of the times? In a way, I suppose that is a true statement as 20 years ago this incident would probably have never seen the light of day. Even 20 years ago, I can't figure that one could be comfortable knowing that even if a guy was a close friend, and a good coach, that he was beating the brakes off of his wife during his time at home. And we all can read between the lines and know that Meyer knew. Right now they are trying to dance around the official versions of who knew what, and when. But especially if his wife was a party to the talk, you know he was aware. Surprised that Meyer wasn't smarter about this in this day and time where if you are in a position of power that you better make sure that you follow the correct protocols at the first hint that something might be amiss. Personally, I don't think that Meyer will coach another game on the collegiate level. I figure you have a bunch of lawyers talking around the edges trying to work with OSU for Meyer to receive some nice seven figure settlement in return for his resignation to settle this without it hanging in the news for as long as that tug of war would go on. And this was the point of Meyer's statement of late last week. All manuvers intended to prevent OSU from firing him without a pay off.

Last edited:
Reactions: rogue cock
Editorials are different than news coverage....that seems to be lost in today's world. Some of their editorials I agree with, some I don't....same with the WSJ. However, both the NYT and the WSJ news stories are extremely well-written and researched.

And you cite the NY Post. Really?!?! It's publisher and managing editor were formerly with the National Enquirer....that beacon of truth. That is one formerly respected newspaper....founded by Alexander Hamilton....that has completely hit the skids.

Reactions: Harvard Gamecock
Editorials are different than news coverage....that seems to be lost in today's world. Some of their editorials I agree with, some I don't....same with the WSJ. However, both the NYT and the WSJ news stories are extremely well-written and researched.

And you cite the NY Post. Really?!?! It's publisher and managing editor were formerly with the National Enquirer....that beacon of truth. That is one formerly respected newspaper....founded by Alexander Hamilton....that has completely hit the skids.

You can see that same story all over the place. Fox is having a heyday with it, as you would expect. The NY Times is not denying its truth. While editorials are different than news coverage, if the NY Times named some publicly avowed white supremacist or neo-Nazi, I doubt you would be very satisfied with that. The hypocrisy of how this plays out in comparison to the editorial statements the NY Times made in the Roseanne Barr situation is stunning. They rightfully talked about how you can't countenance overt racism in any form. Yet here, when in their own backyard, they overlook far, far worse statements. Not old ones either, many recent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT