ADVERTISEMENT

Picks from The Prophet - Volume 5

Aug 16, 2016
Hey Folks,

After receiving overwhelmingly positive remarks from my interest post yesterday, I've decided to move forward with a new volume of picks. A lot of big action this weekend, and these may in fact be the most important picks The Prophet has made in his life time. Here we go!

1. Let's start with OSU vs. Penn State, in what many are calling James Franklin's make or break game. Penn State should keep it close in the first half, as the Nit Lions ride the momentum of a wild home crowd. OSU pulls away in the second half to win by 2+ scores.

2. Ole Miss vs. LSU is the 2nd best SEC west game of the week, and I think Ole Miss runs away with it. LSU has been playing shadow games these past two weeks against inferior opponents. That famous Buffalo Bills QB's nephew comes in and lights the world on fire for Ole Miss, and LSU comes crashing back down to earth. 35-14.

3. Aub. vs. Ark is another example of #2. Auburn has been skating by against weaker competition, and this weekend the chickens come home to roost. Arkansas is a play or two away from being top 5. They beat Gus' team like a drum, starting off the chain reaction that leads to his eventual firing.

4. TAMU vs. Bama in the match up of undefeated SEC west foes. This will be closer than some think, but Bama is in a class of their own. 35-24.

5. The most important matchup of the week: USC vs. UMass. I think we've seen the last of Perry Orth in any type of playing capacity. Brandon starts, and if he struggles then the future of the program (Bentley) steps in at halftime. I am giving my readers a 100% guarantee we score more than 25 points this week. If I am wrong on that, I will give out my home address, and everyone is invited to come have BBQ with my grandson and I. There will also be sweet tea, and coffee can be made if it is requested. 34-17 Cocks.

I'm The Prophet.

Go Cocks!

Very considerate of you to allow readers to also have coffee.

I think you are out of the woods on that deal as we will score 35+ on Saturday.

I think all of the picks are logical and make sense. I'm going to have to disagree with you on McIlwain getting the start. When Mommy took to Facebook to voice her displeasure, she sealed Brandon's fate for the rest of the year. Boom don't play those games. This is Division 1 football not Pop Warner.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT