ADVERTISEMENT

Pitching coach at minimum must go!

4usc

Oct 9, 2001
I recommend the entire coaching staff but what the heck do I know. Another College World Series without our beloved Gamecocks.

Rough weekend. Pitching has been fine until these last few series. We are wildly inconsistent as a whole. Getting swept in your final home series of the year is not a good look. Now faced with winning the series at UT or closing out 1-5 or 0-6 to end season.

Funny thing is the analytics of Kingston's tenure here should be enough to get him fired. Out of his 6 conference seasons, his best season was his first. And that season only yielded a 56% winning percentage. So his best teams have been middle of the pack. If that doesn't scream change I dont know what does. Enough is enough.

Reactions: cockofdawn
Kingston will fire him as the scapegoat and then get an extension.
If so, make the baseball field one big Flea Market and let the Chuckle Chickens play at Pine Grove Recreation field. That has a nice ring to it, "Chuckle Chickens" and Coach "Bozo Kingston". "Bozo" can almost recruit. The Chuckle Chickens are almost (but never quite) good.

At a minimum, Tanner, Smith, and Kingston should be fired, Tanner is destroying the sports department, Kingston is destroying what was a back to back national champ and powerhouse baseball program, Smith is destroying what once was an outstanding softball program

Yep, and Tanner knows the BOT loves him and he can do no wrong. Rich just getting richer. Results? Who cares
Every time I see or hear Tanner, I feel like I'm sitting at the proverbial "country club" listening to a bunch of rich folks yapping while they sip their wine from their $2000 bottle of wine. We need a real AD and a change in how the BOT controls everything.

Every time I see or hear Tanner, I feel like I'm sitting at the proverbial "country club" listening to a bunch of rich folks yapping while they sip their wine from their $2000 bottle of wine. We need a real AD and a change in how the BOT controls everything.
I agree, and this admin is okay with Mediocre men's programs... As long as the people still support, they will be happy.. Stop that, and CHANGES will be made!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT