ADVERTISEMENT

Please Help the University of SC Bass Fishing Team

I wish they would show sports like this on SECN. But instead, we get Paul Finebaum for 20 hrs/week.
I have caught some of these tournaments on the outdoors channels before. Usually something like Fox Sports South (not in HD). For most people, watching a bass tourney is a couple rungs below paint drying or a political speech. But I'm kind of a bass fanatic.

How fking stupid would someone need to be, to pay ... excuse me ... DONATE ... for someone to go FISHING???

get a life.

Last edited:
Reactions: rhinocock72
Forgive me, I do not mean to insult anyone. But, how fking stupid would someone need to be, to pay ... excuse me ... DONATE ... for someone to go FISHING???

get a life.

I guess just as stupid as someone needs to be to donate money just for someone play football.

However, unlike the football team, the Fishing team knows what it feels like to win Championships.

Last edited:
Tell 'em to get a freaking JOB.

Because being a student, participating on the Anglers team, and having a part time job are somehow mutually exclusive? BTW - does that extend to non-revenue scholarship athletes like those on x-country, tennis, or golf, for example?

Reactions: USCBatgirl21
Because being a student, participating on the Anglers team, and having a part time job are somehow mutually exclusive? BTW - does that extend to non-revenue scholarship athletes like those on x-country, tennis, or golf, for example?

LOL!!! You guys are really serious!!! LOL!!! I Love y'all!!! God Bless!

I guess just as stupid as someone needs to be to donate money just for someone play football.
However, unlike the football team, the Fishing team knows what it feels like to win Championships

I'd rather be on the lake thinking about God, than in church thinking about fishing.

Fishing: A venerable contest in which modern man pits his intelligence and technology against the native wit of primitive aquatic vertebrates, and generally finishes second.

I look forward to the day when we can just talk about the ethics of angling without this red herring of whether they can feel pain.

I have caught some of these tournaments on the outdoors channels before. Usually something like Fox Sports South (not in HD). For most people, watching a bass tourney is a couple rungs below paint drying or a political speech. But I'm kind of a bass fanatic.
I would rather watch it than “The Chrisleys” or a lifetime movie for the 3rd time

How does this work? How are they not part of the athletic department? Serious question. Did a bunch of guys just get together and start to compete? This wasn’t a thing when I was in school. Not that I remember. I just do t understand the draw if you have to pay for everything probably including school.

My son watches fishing shows regularly. He loves to fish. His favorite Wii game - bass fishing. He also watches a lot of hunting shows too. He's an outdoor loving SC boy. He'd prefer to be outside doing something like fishing or hunting or kayaking. (Unless it's the 5th Circle of Hell outside. Then he's all about the A/C.)

Last edited:
How does this work? How are they not part of the athletic department? Serious question. Did a bunch of guys just get together and start to compete? This wasn’t a thing when I was in school. Not that I remember. I just do t understand the draw if you have to pay for everything probably including school.

Club sports are student organizations and not sponsored by the athletic department. The university supports them with student activity fees, but like any student organization, the majority of funds are provided through dues and fundraising. Some sports clubs, like Rugby, have been around for a long time. The "draw" is that kids can play a sport they love in college. Here's a little more info: https://www.sc.edu/about/offices_and_divisions/campus_recreation/sport_clubs/index.php

My son watching fishing shows regularly. He loves to fish. His favorite Wii game - bass fishing. He also watches a lot of hunting shows too. He's an outdoor loving SC boy. He'd prefer to be outside doing something like fishing or hunting or kayaking. (Unless it's the 5th Circle of Hell outside. Then he's all about the A/C.)
Much better for him than video games. And in the long run, every athletes' playing career comes to an end.

It reminds me of when I was a kid and tried out for baseball. I couldn't hit a good pitcher to save my life. I wanted to quit and thought my dad would tell me to stick with it. To my surprise he said "OK, let's go fishing instead", which is what he really wanted to be doing anyway. I still fish to this day and I'm pretty good at it. I'll do it until I'm physically unable. How many years would I have played baseball, a sport that I sucked at? Boy, am I glad my dad wasn't the baseball coach! No offense to baseball as a sport.

Much better for him than video games. And in the long run, every athletes' playing career comes to an end.

It reminds me of when I was a kid and tried out for baseball. I couldn't hit a good pitcher to save my life. I wanted to quit and thought my dad would tell me to stick with it. To my surprise he said "OK, let's go fishing instead", which is what he really wanted to be doing anyway. I still fish to this day and I'm pretty good at it. I'll do it until I'm physically unable. How many years would I have played baseball, a sport that I sucked at? Boy, am I glad my dad wasn't the baseball coach! No offense to baseball as a sport.
I should have added "playing golf" to his list of activities. That is his sport of choice, and will hopefully help pay for college in another 4 years. He's had a golf club in his hands since before he could walk. But he did try football, basketball, and baseball. Baseball he played the longest of the other 3 (5 years).

This is a good reminder that our competitive club sports (including the bass fishing team as well as Rugby, Hockey, Fencing, and many others) are not part of our Athletics Department and receive little funding from the university so every little bit helps.

Yes, similar to our championship master bating team. Anytime you have a chance, giv’em a hand.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT