ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: Aggies & Longhorns

Who will the Gamecocks beat first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Carolina4

Oct 9, 2006
We haven’t beaten A&M since they joined the SEC. With Texas joining I wondered which team we’ll beat first. We’ll have at least one more game against A&M before possibly playing the Longhorns. Could possible play four more. So who do we beat first?

And while I don’t like the expansion, you better believe I’ll be in Austin for our first road trip there. Hell, the food alone is worth the trip.

We haven’t beaten A&M since they joined the SEC. With Texas joining I wondered which team we’ll beat first. We’ll have at least one more game against A&M before possibly playing the Longhorns. Could possible play four more. So who do we beat first?

And while I don’t like the expansion, you better believe I’ll be in Austin for our first road trip there. Hell, the food alone is worth the trip.

I believe the answer is A & M, but I wouldn’t be surprised if we roll into Austin for a conference game with the Longhorns still looking for our first win against the Aggies.

That’s how I voted as well. I do think A&M has the most to lose with Texas joining the SEC. I doubt we beat A&M this year and some are speculating that OU and Texas will end up leaving earlier than what their agreement with the Big 12 is. ESPN thinks OU and Texas will play in the SEC next season.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
From my understanding it will be a few years until Texas starts playing in the SEC. So hopefully we beat Texas A&M way before we beat Texas.
Their agreement with the Big 12 is through 2024z. They’d join in 2025. But again, if the Big 12 doesn’t want to die, they are going to have to act fast which is basically going to change things for both school. It is a possibility this doesn’t go all the way to 2025 and take place sooner than later.

But I took the odds too.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Ironically Texas has a losing record to only two current SEC schools…
USC and Vandy.
Texas record against Alabama 4-1.
Texas record against Georgia 3-1.
Texas record against Florida 2-0.
Texas record against LSU 4-2.
Texas record against Mississippi 3-1.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT