ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: Do you like the new board?

Do you like the new board?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I getting error on page and tried everything to fix it . Very annoying

I got your message about this on TIF too, but in order to help you I need more information. I honestly don't have a clue what it could be from just hearing "an error on the page." Will be more than happy to help with more detail.

Yep, it's hard to see who's making a post, unless they have a unique avatar you can readily recognize.

As for my subscription, I'm about 99.9% certain that I will not renew it when it runs out next December. This new software just doesn't work well my droid smartphone, I'm not upgrading my phone just for that reason and I'm not paying for a service that I can't get maximum use out of either. Besides, I think I'd rather slum with the bums here on the free site. :p :D:)

As of now, 52% of users don't like this new site.

You don't need to upgrade your phone at all. If it's not working properly, try a free download of Chrome. I use it on desktop and it's a better browser anyways. Just try that and see, nothing to lose.

It's of course your choice with a membership or not but with you having been a member on TIF, I think you know the vast differences in the two sides. If you need to me to point them out in detail I'll be more than happy to do so whether here, email, or PM. Please reach out, don't hold back.

A poll posted on FGF is not an accurate representation of how many folks like or dislike the new site, I'm sorry. We can go much more accurately by our numbers, the feedback we've received privately, and such. We recognize that it's a transition for some people but it is something that needed to be done (for years) and was for the best overall for our subscribers and for us as a business.

You do realize people can vote over and over in each poll, right?

It doesn't lock you out once you've made your vote as every other board on the planet that allows user created polls. Oh no...another issue for people to cry and whine about.

WRONG! I tried just to see, you are wrong! Once you vote you cannot vote again.

If there were technical issues that needed to be addressed I can see updating a site. Even adding some features. If the tech side needed to be updated for mobile users then it is understandable and admirable that those tech issues were addressed.

But what almost everyone here is complaining about is the user "unfriendliness" of the layout now. This is what I meant by it was "change for the sake of change." Like has been mentioned many times now....the spacing between headlines is WAY to much, having to scroll too much, not seeing as many topics as before therefore maybe not noticing something you may have been interested in previously. The page is way too busy. The light grey text, hard to see....can't see at a glance which poster posted something now as we used to be able to, again due to text too light (and grey). No defining lines between boxes...Must search more for dropdowns now that were so easy to see before.....etc.

All of the things in that last paragraph, which is about 99% of the gripe here, has nothing to do with updating technical issues. It was a conscious layout of the site, and it is a fail.

Reactions: Cocky kebo57

If there were technical issues that needed to be addressed I can see updating a site. Even adding some features. If the tech side needed to be updated for mobile users then it is understandable and admirable that those tech issues were addressed.

But what almost everyone here is complaining about is the user "unfriendliness" of the layout now. This is what I meant by it was "change for the sake of change." Like has been mentioned many times now....the spacing between headlines is WAY to much, having to scroll too much, not seeing as many topics as before therefore maybe not noticing something you may have been interested in previously. The page is way too busy. The light grey text, hard to see....can't see at a glance which poster posted something now as we used to be able to, again due to text too light (and grey). No defining lines between boxes...Must search more for dropdowns now that were so easy to see before.....etc.

All of the things in that last paragraph, which is about 99% of the gripe here, has nothing to do with updating technical issues. It was a conscious layout of the site, and it is a fail.

That last sentence - in your opinion and in the opinion of others.

We've gotten a lot of positive feedback from several other folks on the look and layout. So it's a personal preference and we understand that.

For example, you apparently liked the look of the old board better in many ways - but many, many did not. We understood going in that with Rivals making a change that some folks would not be as happy with a change of any sort.

I've noted all of the concerns. All of them. And we will be passing them on.

I know it isn't comfortable for you these days Chris with all the griping, and I apologize...it's just tough having something that worked so perfectly (for me at least) become so difficult to use. But I think I heard a wise man say a few times...."It is what it is" ... :)

BTW, I was wrong about my ongoing post count being stuck. I saw the same amount of posts listed under several of my replies so I thought it was stuck on a certain number, I now see that everytime a person makes a post ALL of his previous posts show the new post count.

But I DID lose over 1000 posts in my total, going from "Well known member" the first day or so, to "active member" I think it is. I suppose that is no big deal, but who doesn't like to be well known? ;)

I know it isn't comfortable for you these days Chris with all the griping, and I apologize...it's just tough having something that worked so perfectly (for me at least) become so difficult to use. But I think I heard a wise man say a few times...."It is what it is" ... :)

BTW, I was wrong about my ongoing post count being stuck. I saw the same amount of posts listed under several of my replies so I thought it was stuck on a certain number, I now see that everytime a person makes a post ALL of his previous posts show the new post count.

But I DID lose over 1000 posts in my total, going from "Well known member" the first day or so, to "active member" I think it is. I suppose that is no big deal, but who doesn't like to be well known? ;)

There has been some griping, which like I said we expected. There has also been a tremendous amount of praise.

I'd rather have folks gripe about the text being too light than about the board not working at all, which was the case a lot in the past. I'm working up some solutions for the text to try to help to a degree.

No way...you wrong about something? Not possible.

Please let me know what your concerns are. We can't help folks if we don't know what the questions or problems are.

Trying to see and read the text is somewhat annoying. I figure if it's giving me a headache then I'll just do the free board. Glancing at the posters to the left, you have to really zoom in. Is there anything to make the text bold or a different color? I've looked at several other schools boards and they're much easier to read than ours, except for Miss St which is the same color.

You don't need to upgrade your phone at all. If it's not working properly, try a free download of Chrome. I use it on desktop and it's a better browser anyways. Just try that and see, nothing to lose.

It's of course your choice with a membership or not but with you having been a member on TIF, I think you know the vast differences in the two sides. If you need to me to point them out in detail I'll be more than happy to do so whether here, email, or PM. Please reach out, don't hold back.

A poll posted on FGF is not an accurate representation of how many folks like or dislike the new site, I'm sorry. We can go much more accurately by our numbers, the feedback we've received privately, and such. We recognize that it's a transition for some people but it is something that needed to be done (for years) and was for the best overall for our subscribers and for us as a business.

This is the 2nd or 3rd time you've suggested I should try another browser, but I'm sure you're communicating with a lot of folks on this forum, so perhaps you may have forgotten. If so, no prob.

I still contend that I shouldn't have to do something to fix a problem on my end because something else on the other end was not done properly. I don't plan to upgrade my phone, or get another browser for it when my current browser especially when it works with every other mobile site I visit now. I am the customer, and the rivals new website/software package is partly broken for me.

There is such a thing as backward compatibility testing and/or regression testing. Maybe the programmers who wrote the new software for the new site didn't do as thorough a job of that as maybe they could have? I've also read on here some of the 1st gen Iphone users are having troubles with the new site too. It seems that Rivals is ok to alienate a few customers because of their not so thorough testing.

While I'm sure there have been a lot of positive comments (both private and otherwise), I've seen a lot of complaints on here too and it seems they fall on deaf ears. I'm not saying that the old site didn't need an upgrade, I just think it's release could have been done better.

Trying to see and read the text is somewhat annoying. I figure if it's giving me a headache then I'll just do the free board. Glancing at the posters to the left, you have to really zoom in. Is there anything to make the text bold or a different color? I've looked at several other schools boards and they're much easier to read than ours, except for Miss St which is the same color.

They're working on the text. I don't have a timeframe, but I'm told color improvements are coming.

The software is light years better, but the skin (color scheme) sucks. It's not easy on the eyes at all. Get a new skin with better color distinction and all will be good.

This is the 2nd or 3rd time you've suggested I should try another browser, but I'm sure you're communicating with a lot of folks on this forum, so perhaps you may have forgotten. If so, no prob.

I still contend that I shouldn't have to do something to fix a problem on my end because something else on the other end was not done properly. I don't plan to upgrade my phone, or get another browser for it when my current browser especially when it works with every other mobile site I visit now. I am the customer, and the rivals new website/software package is partly broken for me.

There is such a thing as backward compatibility testing and/or regression testing. Maybe the programmers who wrote the new software for the new site didn't do as thorough a job of that as maybe they could have? I've also read on here some of the 1st gen Iphone users are having troubles with the new site too. It seems that Rivals is ok to alienate a few customers because of their not so thorough testing.

While I'm sure there have been a lot of positive comments (both private and otherwise), I've seen a lot of complaints on here too and it seems they fall on deaf ears. I'm not saying that the old site didn't need an upgrade, I just think it's release could have been done better.

Not a thing is falling on deaf ears. Why would you get that impression when I've responded to every message you sent? As I've said to you and others, we're passing on every bit of feedback received to Rivals/programmers.

I never asked for you to upgrade your phone and spend money to do that. If you want to try another browser, that could fix it because we've been told browsers on older phones (I have no clue/don't remember what you have). I downloaded another browser on my PC simply because it worked better, took just a minute or two. If you don't want to use another browser, that's totally fine. I can understand your frustration for sure, but that could be a solution worth trying. I understand the frustration because the old site was broken for our customers - all of them - totally at many points. And us as a staff. You don't have to purchase a new phone, nor would I suggest that.

I realize other mobile sites work fine on your current browser, but I would think it's likely not all of them are brand new. I'm not a programmer, so I don't really know the reasons why it may not be as compatible. Perhaps a version compatible with older phone browsers wouldn't have worked as well with newer ones? I have no idea but I'm sure there's some reason for it. I liken it to visiting a website where you have to download a plugin, enable Java, get Flash if you don't already have it. It's asking you to do something but if it enhances the experience, then it's worth doing (just in my opinion). If it's not to you then I apologize. If I could personally do something about it for you I would.

I've really done all I can do on it; glad to help and glad to pass on the feedback.

Last edited:
The new format works pretty damn good to me.

It's a shame that some lives have been ruined because of it.

Not a thing is falling on deaf ears. Why would you get that impression when I've responded to every message you sent? As I've said to you and others, we're passing on every bit of feedback received to Rivals/programmers.

I've really done all I can do on it; glad to help and glad to pass on the feedback.

True, you have responded to all the comments/email I've sent, no prob with that, but....

The reason I get that impression is that I have pointed out a problem with the incompatibility of the new site with older droid phones. The response I would like to hear is something along the lines of, "this has been passed on to the Rivals folks and they are working on it, or they may be able to have a solution in the near future". Instead, all I keep getting is, "try a different browser". Thus, making it more of my problem than a Rivals problem. Maybe they are working on it, but I would have no way of knowing if they were?

I'll leave it at that. I realize you're only the messenger, but I do thank you for your efforts, Chris.

True, you have responded to all the comments/email I've sent, no prob with that, but....

The reason I get that impression is that I have pointed out a problem with the incompatibility of the new site with older droid phones. The response I would like to hear is something along the lines of, "this has been passed on to the Rivals folks and they are working on it, or they may be able to have a solution in the near future". Instead, all I keep getting is, "try a different browser". Thus, making it more of my problem than a Rivals problem. Maybe they are working on it, but I would have no way of knowing if they were?

I'll leave it at that. I realize you're only the messenger, but I do thank you for your efforts, Chris.

I did pass it on. I'm not sure if it's being worked on or not because as I said, it very well could be that there's not a way to make board software this new compatible with older browsers.

I've visited websites in the past that told me it may not display correctly on certain browsers/OS/mobile so it's not only a Rivals thing. This is a brand new system, so perhaps that's why, I don't know.

Like I said, I realize it's an inconvenience but if you want to have a better viewing experience then simply upgrading your browser may work. Beyond that, sorry. I am just the messenger. I'm not going to tell you Rivals is working on it or will have a solution because I don't know that to be true.

Just reading the tea leaves, I don't think anything can be done because we were told about this issue and the solution - which is upgrading. Yes, I realize that puts the onus on you to upgrade an older browser but that sometimes does happen.

That's all I can do on it for you. Hope it gets squared away for you.

No, I'm not. They must have fixed it because very recently it worked exactly as I said...you could keep voting over and over again without being locked out.

So BITE ME!

Nope...still not fixed...so it is you who is WRONG...again.

I just voted on that most racist holiday poll and when I went from one topic to another I was allowed to vote again if I so chose.

So again...BITE ME!

I just voted on that most racist holiday poll and when I went from one topic to another I was allowed to vote again if I so chose.

So again...BITE ME!

Everyone can calm down, or I can just start banning people.

Feel free to discuss the board, Gamecock athletics, etc. Let's stop attacking each other here.

Everyone can calm down, or I can just start banning people.

Feel free to discuss the board, Gamecock athletics, etc. Let's stop attacking each other here.

When I am incorrectly told I am wrong...and am told so in such a manner as that guy did...I respond in kind.

Ban me if you wish but I am not going to let anyone disrespect me like that...pure and simple.

When I am incorrectly told I am wrong...and am told so in such a manner as that guy did...I respond in kind.

Ban me if you wish but I am not going to let anyone disrespect me like that...pure and simple.

I was speaking to you and the other poster. If someone "disrespects" you, then pass it on to a moderator - all you have to do is click the report button. There isn't going to be vigilante justice here.

I guess change is seldom pleasing, unless it is replacing a bad coach. Feel free to read into that comment as you please.

So again...BITE ME!

Why don't you just pitch a little tent in my front yard since you're so obsessed with me. I'll toss ya some scraps after we're done eatin every night.

No, you cannot vote more than once in these polls. You are wrong. Again.

With the new upgrades to the latest technology it would be pretty silly to think they would forget to make sure we can't load up polls smh.

I tried it on several polls just to make sure...can't vote more than once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT