ADVERTISEMENT

Positive Vibes- Share your favorite Clemson memory

I guess I laughed a lot when Nuk nuked that NYC hotel room by blasting diarrhea on all the walls and floors.

Being in the stadium at Clemson when Taneyhill worked his magic, signed his name, and hit long, imaginary home runs.

Beating them like a drum up there when we had the trick kickoff return to open the 2nd half was a great one too. I believe it was Bennett who took the kickoff and threw across to Richardson.

It was the Jad dean missed Fg to win the game
Friends at my house and as soon as Fg was missed they all ran outside jumping and yelling. A lot of folks didn’t have a DVR then. I immiediately rewound to right before the kick and told my friends there was a flag and a Re kick. Everyone ran inside and was on pins and needles Then The kick was obviously missed. Everyone was happy. Then I told what I did and they wanted to kill me lol. True story.

Last edited:
It was the Jared dean missed Fg to win the game
Friends at my house and as soon as Fg was missed they all ran outside jumping and yelling. A lot of folks didn’t have a DVR then. I immiediately rewound to right before the kick and told my friends there was a flag and a Re kick. Everyone ran inside and was on pins and needles Then The kick was obviously missed. Everyone was happy. Then I told what I did and they wanted to kill me lol. True story.

That is absolutely nuts. Great story

Grew up hearing about this one. Always heard it was a freezing cold day and one of the all time wildest atmospheres in WB.

I hardly remember the cold, but yes it was in retrospect. I had on a black CAROLINA sweatshirt from 1984 season.

30 years ago....would love an anniversary surprise win.

Reactions: Anna_Nimmitty
Thats funny :D

Hard to pick only missed 2 games in person since 87.

Ill just settle on this one. 2012. Night game again at Clemson. Great day of tailgating. Some Clemson fans I tailgated with were pretty smug and confident. I get into the stadium and find out 2 star backup Dylan Thompson is starting at QB at Clemson at night.

The DJ hit is the most well known moment but this play turned the game. What a night that was.

Rod D. nailed here. You must be old like me (52) During this period, before joining the SEC , we basically played an ACC schedule. This win made us 5-0 against ACC opponents with a win against the eventual ACC champs, making us the de facto ACC champions. It was a big deal at the time. The 94 game was very special, too. The way Clemson honored Bob Fulton was pure class and something I'll always appreciate. I hate that we never were able to recipicate by honoring Jim Phillips in a like manner, this of course was due to his untimely death.

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
Hard to pick only missed 2 games in person since 87.

Ill just settle on this one. 2012. Night game again at Clemson. Great day of tailgating. Some Clemson fans I tailgated with were pretty smug and confident. I get into the stadium and find out 2 star backup Dylan Thompson is starting at QB at Clemson at night.

The DJ hit is the most well known moment but this play turned the game. What a night that was.

I remember Clemson fans telling me... "If Tajh has time to sit back and throw, it's going to be a long night for y'all."

6 sacks later...

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
My wife (tater) and I were still newlyweds then. Just before the kick she said "Don't worry, I won't give you hell over the loss." LOL. I didn't give her hell either. It was strange for us because we met, were engaged and were married all before our first Rivalry Game. We have hosted Big Game parties and USC won every time. We gotta get back to that.

Reactions: jonesz21
Ditto! I was there too! Sitting right in the middle of the taters with very little support around me. Took a lot of abuse until that last drive!
We sat there and enjoyed the victory for a long time after the game.

Being in the stadium at Clemson when Taneyhill worked his magic, signed his name, and hit long, imaginary home runs.

Beating them like a drum up there when we had the trick kickoff return to open the 2nd half was a great one too. I believe it was Bennett who took the kickoff and threw across to Richardson.
My Sr. year. Sat on the hill that game (near the bottom). Ran down on the field afterward and grabbed some turf. Still have it.

Brad Edwards pick.....that would have to be my favorite too. It was a great time in 5 points that night. Hard to find those kind of times.

The Brad Edwards pick-6 in 1987 is my favorite moment from a Carolina/Clemson game. I think there were still 5 or 6 minutes left at that point, but everybody knew that play sealed the game. Pull out the keys and crank up the bus, because the game is over, but the party was starting.

DJ's hit was also one of my favorites. The game was still close at that point, but it's as if that hit somehow intimidated the entire Clemson team. It really seemed like they were a different team after that play and I've never been happier with a 15 yard penalty. I don't know what he said to Ellington when he stood over him, but whatever it was, it probably made it clear to Ellington that he wasn't playing Wake Forest or Virginia that night.

I hate Ohio State, but Woody Hayes will always have a place in my heart ....

2011 game. Connor Shaw put on a clinic that night. 14 of 20, 210 yards and 3 TDs passing, 107 yards rushing on 19 carries including a rushing TD. 34-13 beat-down. Considering how they were supposed to have a good team, that was a pretty sweet win.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
In 1968, I was a freshman at the University and sat in the the West end zone at UPC. There I watched Tyler Hellams field a punt and run for the only touchdown of the game right into my lap. We won it 7-3 and the pandemonium was tremendous. I can still see him streaking down the sideline - coming right at me. My first Carolina/UPC game also.

Last edited:
Love watching some of these old videos...here was a favorite moment of mine. Was at this game with my Clemson side of the family as the lone Gamecock representative....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT