ADVERTISEMENT

Possible future coaching scenario...

Wouldn’t that be proving it was the coach and not the players?
Will Grier was redshirting Muschamp's final year (same as he and Roper wanted to do with Bentley). Offense was not good (no QB....lost 1/2 to injury, no OL), defense was. What few OL Muschamp had his final year were pretty young IIRC. McElwain inherited a team with a lot of talent on defense, and some talent on offense, albeit young.

It appears Muschamp has corrected those issues with the offense at SC.

That's a possibility, I guess. If i recall correctly, Florida's offense was hit with a rash of injuries in Muschamp's final season which led to a collapse in the second half of the year. He did take Florida to a BCS Bowl in his 3rd season with an 11-1 regular season record. Peple tend to forget about that.
Hmm... Muschamp's team with a rash of injuries. Where have we heard that before?

And it was his second year they went to the BCS Bowl. Just like his second here has been the pinnacle of his success. Then in the third year, things started to slide at both schools. Will we see another parallel in year four? I don't know, but there does seem to be trend developing.

Hmm... Muschamp's team with a rash of injuries. Where have we heard that before?

And it was his second year they went to the BCS Bowl. Just like his second here has been the pinnacle of his success. Then in the third year, things started to slide at both schools. Will we see another parallel in year four? I don't know, but there does seem to be trend developing.

Yep. Agree with you. Here is Muschamp’s record at Florida
2011: 7-6
2012: 11-2
2013: 4-8 <- how does this happen at UF?
2014: 6-5

Total: 28-21

I don’t understand the Muschamp defenders with his time at Florida. I didn’t bash Muschamp. I simply pointed out he failed at Florida. He did. Look at those records...at Florida. 3 of 4 years were disasters. Usually there are reasons for disastrous seasons...still, that’s his record. I honestly don’t see what’s there to defend. No, Alabama won’t be calling Muschamp. LSU is a bunch of oddballs so...who knows? But there is a reason most people were scratching their head, and Florida fans were laughing at us, when we hired Muschamp. That’s one reason I’m pulling like hell for him to get the job done here. That’s one reason why the loss to Florida stung a little more because I want him to stick it to Florida. But I don’t blame Florida one but for firing the guy. He didn’t get the results on the field. That’s going to stick with him.

I like Muschamp and want him to win so much he coaches here for 20 years and we name the field in his honor. But I’ve never seen a guy have so many people come to his defense with excuse after excuse. To me, the excuses are crap. I just hope he learned from his failures, which it does seem he has in some areas.

Last edited:
Will Grier was redshirting Muschamp's final year (same as he and Roper wanted to do with Bentley). Offense was not good (no QB....lost 1/2 to injury, no OL), defense was. What few OL Muschamp had his final year were pretty young IIRC. McElwain inherited a team with a lot of talent on defense, and some talent on offense, albeit young.

It appears Muschamp has corrected those issues with the offense at SC.

Jeff Driskel was a Junior. He transferred to La Tech and threw for over 4,000 yards the following season. He’s currently in his 4th season in the NFL with the Cincinnati Bengals. I’d say there was a QB on that roster. Perhaps they couldn’t coach him up or develop him. But average QB’s don’t make it to the NFL, much less actually play and hang around for a few seasons.

Again, I like Muschamp and I’m pulling for Muschamp. But saying there was no QB is inaccurate. In fact, Driskel might be the biggest black eye on Muschamp’s coaching performance.

I do agree Muschamp seems to have learned from mistakes. But QB play is still inconsistent and I wonder if it’s really all Jake. Also, numbers look a little better because we are running more plays. That’s good until your defense gets stuck on the field all day. It’s a give and take and we saw that this season with a defense that was always worn out and had a ton of injuries. I’m not sure we can live like that 2 more seasons.

Offensively we are better than what he had at Florida

Defensively we are way worse than what he had at Florida.

Gotta find a way to get them both clicking. He’s bringing in better players which should help. Werner helps at the QB position. Hope he gets it done.

But to answer the original question: no, Muschamp is not going anywhere for a long time. The perception of Muschamp, around college football, is still that he couldn’t win at Florida. He’ll have to win big and sustain that here to change that perception.

Last edited:
Muschamp cleaned house upon arrival at Florida though. And Choppers took Florida to the SEC Championship game in his first season with Muschamp's players.

Yes, it was Swamper who took them to the SEC championship. Proves Champ can recruit, not so much can coach. Jury is out on his coaching acumen. I just hope Champ puts it together this season.

we will see in a couple of years or less but my money is on him being here with that talented roster.

You appear to be very confident. Would you care to state your prediction for the 2019 regular season? Please do not include any bowl prediction, just our regular season record.
Thanks, in advance!

So let’s say Muschamp gets the team off the ground, and we challenge the East and become competitive in 2-3 years in the SEC. Bama job comes open, would Muschamp be a top name if he turns us into a legit SEC threat. Also LSU fires Orgeron? What does Muschamp need to do here for his name to be seriously considered for the “Big Boys”.
Muschamp shall leave per usual and we start all over once again! This is the way we do things and especially since Ray Tanner is now a millionaire!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT