Votes: 42 24.4%
  • 2-2

Votes: 12 7.0%
  • 1-3

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • 0-4

Votes: 3 1.7%

• Total voters
I don’t know much about Troy. I gave us 4 wins but the fact of the matter is that I am worried about all these teams. Lol

the 4 games we realistically have a 50/50 shot at this year, I think 2-2 with wins over Eastern Illinois and upset over Vandy, and pull another upset somewhere finishing the season overall at 3-9, what do you think?
You do realize we beat Vandy last year and most years. A win over Vandy is not an upset (unless Baseball). We will be a better team than last year. Vandy likely a step back if that is possible.

ECU would be the only concern and not really concerned about them, but it will be closer.

I’m more interested in how we split the wins with KY, TN, Missouri and Allbarn. 2-2 against those teams and we get to six wins. I think that is doable.

The other four games we aren’t there yet, but we upset UGA two years ago that should have never happened. Not calling any wins here - one would be a huge upset.....kinda like Vandy upsetting us.

Troy is a solid football program they beat LSU a few years ago, can't remember when we ever beat LSU. ECU also has done well in recruiting and it's on the road. to say we go a perfect 4-0 after last year would be setting up for disappointment. rome wasn't built in a day.

• Haha
Reactions: Brace1 and usctom
the 4 games we realistically have a 50/50 shot at this year, I think 2-2 with wins over Eastern Illinois and upset over Vandy, and pull another upset somewhere finishing the season overall at 3-9, what do you think?
Upset over Vandy!!....Really? So, when we win all 4 of those games, will you video yourself crying and going into meltdown mode and post it here....please?!! That would be some quality entertainment.

Troy is a solid football program they beat LSU a few years ago, can't remember when we ever beat LSU. ECU also has done well in recruiting and it's on the road. to say we go a perfect 4-0 after last year would be setting up for disappointment. rome wasn't built in a day.
They were 5-6 last year and massacred by Appalachian State.

Reactions: funktavious
I voted 3-1. I've said before that the ECU game on the road (nice scheduling there BTW, Ray 🙄) is the ultimate trap game for us.

We typically have the attitude that we can roll in there and get an easy win. And they are chomping at the bit to finally take us down.

With our limited talent on the roster and a new rookie coach, I don't like it.

All 4 are winnable, if we pull out two others we make a bowl. The first half of the season is vital, we won’t win many the second half..

Vegas set our over or under at 4 games. I would not take that bet either way.
E. Illinois, E. Caro, Troy, and Vandy are the four games we should win but things rarely go the way most may expect. I think we go 3-1 from that list. We probably also win a game many are not expecting to win, such as UK, Tenn, or Mizou.

I don’t know much about Troy. I gave us 4 wins but the fact of the matter is that I am worried about all these teams. Lol
I don't know much about History,
I don't know much about Biology,
But what I do know is that...the Cocks are going to beat these four, and they're going to find a way to add two more for a 6-6 record in Beamer's first year!

Cocky45, I don't know why so many are giving you a hard time. I think you're pretty accurate with all this. I don't know that Vandy would be an upset....but it's clear that it isn't far from a pick 'em game. The upside with Vandy is Coach Lea is a first year HC too....so there are obstacles that he will have to juggle that he is unaccustomed to. However, as a DC I know he was a guy who focused on Turnovers and I wouldn't be surprised if he brings that same philosophy on that side of the ball considering where he's at and how important that piece is to any football game, and most definitely somewhere like Vandy in order to have some success.

I voted 2-2....thought about 3-1 for this stretch of games but I will have to see some kind of proof that our pass game, and pass defense/rush exists first before proclaiming 3-1. Other teams are practicing too...and like it or not...we can't rely on out-talenting Vandy or Troy....and maybe not ECU either. One thing is for sure, as someone else mentioned, we had better win as many of these 4 games as we can.

• Haha
Reactions: kawalski
If Beamer drops any of these games he should find himself on the hot seat immediately. He’s a coach who should have a short leash as it is and needs to prove himself immediately. People are talking about ECU like they should be a problem— they haven’t had a winning record since 2014.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
If Beamer drops any of these games he should find himself on the hot seat immediately. He’s a coach who should have a short leash as it is and needs to prove himself immediately. People are talking about ECU like they should be a problem— they haven’t had a winning record since 2014.
On the hot seat immediately? LMAO… he is taking over a 2 win team. That is the standard we are comparing him to. If he goes 3-1 vs these teams and wins more than 4 on the season we have shown improvement.. That will not land him on a hot seat list. He will be given time to develop this team, time to recruit and build- 5 year minimum. After year 4 if we are not showing a positive trajectory the hot seat discussion will be reasonable, NOT after GAME 4. The constant changeover of our staff has contributed to the inconsistency of our program, and we have a young guy who could be here a long time if he wins- nobody with a reasonable mind would want to throw that opportunity away because of one loss in his first year.

Reactions: briceisbest
I think we stand a good chance to win all 4, we have more talent than all of them. We aren't going to be world beaters just yet, but we have some nice pieces on our roster, they just weren't coached up IMO. On offense, we have arguably the best RB in the SEC, and a 5 star as a "backup". I believe Doty is going to make a big jump. Our TE room is good. I believe our receivers will make a step up, Stepp was a home run hire there. On defense, our line should be good. The back end is the position(s) that I worry most about for this team. I think we have a good shot to go bowling this year, but maybe that's looking through garnet colored goggles. 😊

If it isn't 4-0 then even the JV championship for the season is out of reach. At that point, just shut it down and send season ticket holders their money back

4-0, but we can’t sleep on any of these. ECU will be a serious threat.

All depends on how good a game day coach Beamer will be. Can’t be any worse than the last guy.

Reactions: briceisbest
On the hot seat immediately? LMAO… he is taking over a 2 win team. That is the standard we are comparing him to. If he goes 3-1 vs these teams and wins more than 4 on the season we have shown improvement..
While I agree that hot seat talk is too early, I think you are being disingenuous with the win totals.

We can say "2 win team" over and over, but anyone paying attention knows it was 2 wins in an all sec schedule.

Beamer could win all 4 of these games mentioned and it wouldn't be an improvement over the 2 win season. Unless he wins at least one more other conference game.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
While I agree that hot seat talk is too early, I think you are being disingenuous with the win totals.

We can say "2 win team" over and over, but anyone paying attention knows it was 2 wins in an all sec schedule.

Beamer could win all 4 of these games mentioned and it wouldn't be an improvement over the 2 win season. Unless he wins at least one more other conference game.
South Carolina shouldn’t be losing regular season games to teams outside of the power 5 conferences, no mater what the circumstances.

Since Holtz lost to ECU in his winless first season in 1999, South Carolina has only dropped games to non-power 5 teams in 2015 (Citadel with an interim head coach) and 2019 (App state with a head coach who was already a dead man walking). It’s just not something that should happen, especially when the non power 5 teams are bad, should always be unacceptable and reflects a lack of coaching competency.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT