ADVERTISEMENT

Pretend you were given the assignment, and you had to take the project, of designing a uniform for Carolina football

Freddie.B.Cocky

Jul 19, 2002
that when the uniform was seen during a game. IT WAS SO RECONIZABLE, the entire nation would know it was the University of South Carolina playing.

I think I would go with a black glossy helmet - no logo. Perhaps a narrow garnet strip on top of the helmet, black jersey with no lettering whatsoever on the front or back, white pants or even black pants for home games. Away game uniform would be the same helmet, white jersey, no lettering, black pants. And both the home and away game uniforms would be consistent.

Your turn!

I agree, we need a recognizable uniform. I don’t like the weekly combination changes we’re doing now, but maybe it’s not a bad thing for nobody to know who we are...
I liked the Spurrier era combos of white, red, white at home & white, white, red on the road. But, I do like the red helmets this year.

Reactions: Cocky704
The garnet helmet, black jersey and white britches combo of the late 80's was the best looking home uniform, IMO. I am also a big fan of the matte black helmet.

Please, no more all black. We have never done well with that combo.

Away uni's - love the black helmet, white top and black britches.

Home Uniforms - Garnet helmets, Black jerseys, White pants
Away Uniforms - Garnet helmets, White jerseys, White pants

Its time to stop all this High School Uniform Videos.

I agree, but whatever we choose I want it to be consistent.

The 1979-80 uniforms were sharp and people from Southern Cal and Michigan and Notre Dame knew who we were.

Reactions: GWMorris
I'd let the captains decide what we're going to wear game by game. Only thing I'd insist on is it says CAROLINA on the front and no names on the back.

The SC needs to be smaller and I would put a detailed Gamecock in the background. You need some border highlights giving your garnet and black colors some pour splash.

that when the uniform was seen during a game. IT WAS SO RECONIZABLE, the entire nation would know it was the University of South Carolina playing.

I think I would go with a black glossy helmet - no logo. Perhaps a narrow garnet strip on top of the helmet, black jersey with no lettering whatsoever on the front or back, white pants or even black pants for home games. Away game uniform would be the same helmet, white jersey, no lettering, black pants. And both the home and away game uniforms would be consistent.

Your turn!
Use the NCAA 14 teambuilder website and go for it

Your turn!
attention k-mart shoppers

not good, fuempsum

happy thanksgiving

go cocks!

All white, black only piping. Black helmets with a garnet BLOCK C. Garnet numbers/names with black piping. Garnet spur on the front if the jersey.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT