ADVERTISEMENT

Put pressure on Deshaun Watson and shut down Wayne Gallman!!!

Greenwood97

Oct 11, 2003
We need to contain Deshaun Watson and Wayne Gallman. We need to blitz up front numerous times and make tackles. Tackles and SACKS will be the key for the Gamecocks!!! Deshaun will try and beat us with his legs. Gallman or the other runningbacks will try and beat us in open space on he field.

Shut down their running game, pressure on Watson ALL game, make tackles up front and we got Clemson. Our secondary will be in zone defense so we should pick some balls off.

Last edited:
Gallman is going to be tough. My biggest worry about the game. If he is gaining yards between the tackles, makes watsom more of a threat. jmho
"Resolve never to quit, never to give up, no matter what the situation" -Jack Nicklaus

Reactions: Ladycockcock
Only problem is, we haven't pressured ANYBODY for 2yrs......2 YEARS!! That's so depressing....... I agree with your strategy, but it just won't happen. Either we don't have the talent to make it happen, or the coaches who are smart enough to make it happen.

You know it and I know it, but the coaches don't see it that way. While I usually have some glimmer of hope, I don't any longer. This will get ugly very quickly. Don't worry though, Elliott says "we're not holding anything back" for this game. Makes me feel better.

Reactions: appalachiatiger
It don't matter they are still going to win, you don't understand it's called coaching or yea we don't have
any, and then the other thing well let's see it's called players with talent, we don't have that either
so brace yourself it's going to be real ugly Clemson will probably put 60 to 65 on us by the start of
the 4th . I hope they enjoy this ass kicking we will be back real soon . USC fans stay home
if you cannot stomach a real ass kicking . Go Cocks

Reactions: gamecock ed
When the c-backs are 10 yds off the wr's and the safeties are 20 or so yds back, first downs are guaranteed. Tampa 2 is not going to stop them and I doubt this staff would put the effort into doing something different at this point.

The coaches should let Marquavius Lewis, Darius English and Boosie Whitlow get after Deshaun Watson's tail. Deshaun Watson do not like pressure!!![/QUOTE]

I cant find the stats for this season but im willing to bet they are close to last season. Last season Watson was better against the blitz (81%) than he was against the regular rush(70%). I think he overthinks it and tries to "fit" throws in more when he has ample time in the pocket. When the blitz comes I think he reads and reacts instead of trying to do to much. I am still hunting the numbers for this season to back up my post.

We need to contain Deshaun Watson and Wayne Gallman. We need to blitz up front numerous times and make tackles. Tackles and SACKS will be the key for the Gamecocks!!! Deshaun will try and beat us with his legs. Gallman or the other runningbacks will try and beat us in open space on he field.

Shut down their running game, pressure on Watson ALL game, make tackles up front and we got Clemson. Our secondary will be in zone defense so we should pick some balls off.

Paging Ward, paging Ward...

Listen to this post and learn...

Don't you think that's what every coach tries to do against Clemson?

Contain Watson and Gallman, tackles and sacks.... You may be on to something here.

Have we gotten a sack or a QB hurry since Clowney left?

Reactions: Matte Black
We can win if we limit Watson and gang to their touches , control both lines of scrimmage and move the chains with your offense, plus score TD's when we get in the redzone. We have got to BELIEVEEE . GO COCKS!

Reactions: gamecockwrestler
U don't just pressure Watson. U hit him U punch them in the mouth from first snap. U take the game to them. Cuz I promise that is Wat Dabo is telling his team. He is telling his team punch us in the mouth and we will fold like a cheap tent. U have to put Watson on his back a few times penalty if that is the only way u can do it.

OP if it's really that simple and you figured it out before the previous 11 D Coordinators that have faced clemsux you could stand to make a pretty good living as a defensive coordinator just FYI

When the c-backs are 10 yds off the wr's and the safeties are 20 or so yds back, first downs are guaranteed. Tampa 2 is not going to stop them and I doubt this staff would put the effort into doing something different at this point.

^^^^^^THIS....Seen this game plan all year!

This all sounds great, but let's take a bit of a reality check. It's been two years since we have seen any type of a productive pass rush against a decent team. Why would this change Saturday? Containing Gallman is also a worthy, and novel, idea. Would have been a novel idea to contain the Citadel's running game last Saturday. Didn't happen. Got to have players for a plan to work. That is the problem.

Gallman has a banged up ankle. Roll a lineman up on that ankle and he is done for the day. Their star linebacker has a stinger in his shoulder whatever that means. A few runs up the middle and lower the boom on their LB and he is done for the day!

Reactions: TIGERMEAT

Absolutely. And control the line of scrimmage on offense. Get the running game going with Wilds up the middle, then hit Cooper long. And just shut down their slants, but just keep some safeties on the guys going long. And keep Moore as a spy on Watson. And keep our best cover guy on Peake, our fastest guy on Scott.

Why havent we been doing all these things all year? All we had to do was post it here?

Gallman has a banged up ankle. Roll a lineman up on that ankle and he is done for the day. Their star linebacker has a stinger in his shoulder whatever that means. A few runs up the middle and lower the boom on their LB and he is done for the day!

Wishing injury on young men because they wear the jersey of your rival....

That is just sad. I really hope you are not serious and if you are I hope you get help.

I think Alabama will easily do that ......oh,you meant SCs "let's not contest passing play defense"......not going to happen

SCs defense of giving short passes\WR screens is what Clemson does (it really is about all that they do)....and not to mention out pansy DL which never met a OL with whom they did not love to waltz...

Our players are not men enough to challenge Clemson this year......Our 2012 team would kick the everlasting crap out this Clemson team, but not this bunch.

Clemson has 42 or more by halftime....

Clemtiger, you go get some help. You live on this site insulting USC fans. Yeah,hit the RB , he is banged up,knock him out of the game. Hit Watson, take him out of the game. If we lose we lose, but make it painful for tater tek next week against UNC, it's really time you are banned from here.

Reactions: TIGERMEAT
Clemtiger, you go get some help. You live on this site insulting USC fans. Yeah,hit the RB , he is banged up,knock him out of the game. Hit Watson, take him out of the game. If we lose we lose, but make it painful for tater tek next week against UNC, it's really time you are banned from here.
He should be banned because it's pathetic that either fanbase would wish ill will towards the opposing players? They are 18-22 year olds out there playing for our entertainment! Keep it clean, show sportsmanship and hopefully everyone goes home safely. That sounds like a very good thing to me.And I'm pretty sure the players,coaches,friends, and families would agree also. But you keep on hating on kids if that is what makes you feel better sunshine.

The only grass stains Watson will have will be from sliding after 10 yard runs to keep from getting hit.

Wishing injury on young men because they wear the jersey of your rival....

That is just sad. I really hope you are not serious and if you are I hope you get help.
Once again clemtiger, you seem to have a distinct problem with FACTS. I am not wishing harm on anyone. BUT, this is football not powder puff crap you play in the acc. IF Gallman ankle gets rolled up on then he is done for the day. If Bulware's shoulder get popped by a couple of solid runs from our backfield then he is done for the day. Where did I say target them or try to take them out? You tater fans must be on suicide watch or something? Is the pressure getting to y'all? Is the thought of going 11-0 and then losing to US getting to y'all? Just asking.

OK, you stop the running game, you stop the Deshaun passing attack, you blitz the middle, you take away the DW running game. Who is left to cover the Artavis Scott jet sweep?

The coaches should let Marquavius Lewis, Darius English and Boosie Whitlow get after Deshaun Watson's tail. Deshaun Watson do not like pressure!!!
DW4HT do not like cocks eithers

Only problem is, we haven't pressured ANYBODY for 2yrs......2 YEARS!! That's so depressing....... I agree with your strategy, but it just won't happen. Either we don't have the talent to make it happen, or the coaches who are smart enough to make it happen.
yes you guys dont have enough talent to be competitve

you dont pass "the get off the bus test"

doubt they get off the bus when they see that orange freight train comng

You know it and I know it, but the coaches don't see it that way. While I usually have some glimmer of hope, I don't any longer. This will get ugly very quickly. Don't worry though, Elliott says "we're not holding anything back" for this game. Makes me feel better.
good job sanford

let reality sink in

#9 is not our best back

but he will deliver some pain

if he goes down next man up!

dont thnk you guys have an answer this year

hell for that matter i dont see this trending your way for a very long time again

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT