ADVERTISEMENT

Question to pass the time....

jeff2001

Apr 5, 2003
Of all the greatest plays ever in sports Which 1 do you think is overrated ? I would say Jordan's shot over that Ehlo dude. It was just a playoff game. Jordan hit bigger shots in the finals.

It clinched the series. How many playoff series end on a game winning shot?

That play from the '89 playoffs was awesome. Remember it well. Watch how long he hung in the air. Ehlo was all over him. Just awesome. Used to love NBA basketball back then. Don't care about it today.

And I would also say the Derek Jeter flip play to the catcher was overrated too.

Reactions: tatertime
The catch by Dwight Clark (former clemmons player right?) playing for the 49'ers. I think it was a NFC championship game, not the super bowl itself. And it wasn't like it was a spectacular catch either.
It was the beginning of "Joe cool". But I agree a little bit.

Ice Bowl last second Packer touchdown. A simple QB sneak. It was so cold Bob Hayes played the entire game with hands in pocket.

Ice Bowl last second Packer touchdown. A simple QB sneak. It was so cold Bob Hayes played the entire game with hands in pocket.

Packer hater !
neutral.gif

Of all the greatest plays ever in sports Which 1 do you think is overrated ? I would say Jordan's shot over that Ehlo dude. It was just a playoff game. Jordan hit bigger shots in the finals.
For me personally, a far as how excited I got, it will always be Whit Merrifield's walk off single in the bottom of the 11th against UCLA in the 2010 CWS championship game. That single moment changed the trajectory and outlook of a university, a city, and a state after more than a century of futility.
I was watching that game in a motel room in Naples, Florida on a business trip and had to sit up in bed and fist pump in silence for 15 minutes so as not to wake up the entire hotel.

Hail Flutie....if anyone deserves credit, Phelan's concentration was overlooked. Just not a lot of skill in a hail mary, albeit a long one.

The catch by Dwight Clark (former clemmons player right?) playing for the 49'ers. I think it was a NFC championship game, not the super bowl itself. And it wasn't like it was a spectacular catch either.
I could be confusing this with a different play, but I don't think that pass was intended for him.

For me personally, a far as how excited I got, it will always be Whit Merrifield's walk off single in the bottom of the 11th against UCLA in the 2010 CWS championship game. That single moment changed the trajectory and outlook of a university, a city, and a state after more than a century of futility.
I was watching that game in a motel room in Naples, Florida on a business trip and had to sit up in bed and fist pump in silence for 15 minutes so as not to wake up the entire hotel.

That was an iconic play... but I think you may have misunderstood the topic. The topic is "Great Sports Plays that you Personally Consider Overrated."

I would go with Bobby Orr's goal. It was great not because it was hard but because of his reaction and it being a Cup winner. It was set up by the pass.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT