ADVERTISEMENT

Quit trying to strip the ball. Just tackle!

Mar 12, 2016
I do understand about trying to strip the ball or trying to knock it out of their hands. But for right now, I’d tell our defense to forget all about stripping it, and solely focus on hitting the runner low, wrapping them up, and taking them down. Then, once they show they can tackle for a few games, maybe then we can talk about stripping the ball. This defense is a joke. Weak. Passive. Soft. Embarrassing. Just tackle!

Last edited:
Stripping the ball is another way of avoiding heavier contact. Easier to just reach in than hit someone for this secondary. They don’t want any contact.

Reactions: Judson1
I do understand about trying to strip the ball or trying to knock it out of their hands. But for right now, I’d tell our defense to forget all about stripping it, and solely focus on hitting the runner low, wrapping them up, and taking them down. Then, once they show they can tackle for a few games, maybe then we can talk about stripping the ball. This defense is a joke. Weak. Passive. Soft. Embarrassing. Just tackle!

Well stop striping the ball if the other team stop doing it too...

It seems like we used to produce more turnovers before we focused on grabbing at footballs. You create turnovers by knocking the ball loose not yanking on it like a Pop Warner team. Meanwhile the back tacks on more yards while we're pulling and snatching at the ball. Football 101.

Reactions: SumterGamecockGuy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT