ADVERTISEMENT

Quotes From KJ Henry Interview Mentions South Carolina

Upstate_Gamecock5190

Oct 15, 2015
Plenty of coaches have been by West Forsyth to check in on Henry in recent weeks.

“Coach (Dabo) Swinney has stopped by to check on me with Coach (Nick) Saban, Coach (Larry) Fedora from Carolina, Coach (Will) Muschamp, just a lot of guys who have come just to name a few,” Henry said.

If he makes it on a visit, Henry wants to see the Clemson Football Complex.

“It’s no shocker, but I have to get down there and see the new football facility ya’ll have built down there,” he said. “I have to go down the slide. It looks like a playground for teenagers. I definitely like the environment, I have seen the school and been to the camps. I think it’s the next step of seeing if I can see myself going there and doing everyday-basis things and meeting the people is what I am looking forward to.”

Henry says he isn’t close to making a decision.

“Next in my recruiting would be trimming my list down. I know another conversation I will have with my parents will be going through each school doing the pros and cons type thing,” he said. “Trying to get it down to about ten or so schools and then take it through the recruiting process and try to figure out my top five and where I’ll take my officials. Ultimately I’ll try to get a decision this football season and to be completely honest probably after football season. I can see myself making it then.”

Henry said he also has a great relationship with area recruiter Danny Pearman.

“Coach Pearman is something else. I’m not even going to sugarcoat it, that man is crazy,” Henry said. “I love it and he keeps it real with me. He has a good relationship with my Dad, good relationship with me; I kind of had to break his heart. These guys also offered me at tight end, but I told him that I thought I would stay on the defensive side and he said that was fine and that he just wants me to be a part of the program.

http://www.tigernet.com/story/football/One-on-one-5-star-defensive-end-KJ-Henry-15621

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News