ADVERTISEMENT

Randy Onwuasor to visit 8/4

lawcalcock

Apr 8, 2016
6'3 Grad transfer guard from Southern Utah who led the big sky in scoring last year with 23.6 ppg. Also had 6.6 boards and 3.2 assists. Oregon, Gonzaga, and Texas Southern are the other schools involved. He's originally from California so it might be an uphill battle...I hope Coach Frank has the keys to a new sports car and a debit card for 50k ready

6'3 Grad transfer guard from Southern Utah who led the big sky in scoring last year with 23.6 ppg. Also had 6.6 boards and 3.2 assists. Oregon, Gonzaga, and Texas Southern are the other schools involved. He's originally from California so it might be an uphill battle...I hope Coach Frank has the keys to a new sports car and a debit card for 50k ready
My assumption is that he would be eligible immediately.

The kid might want to experience east coast living for a year who knows. I hope we arent going to cheat for a 1 year player

I was reading a little on this player earlier this week. It's great to have opportunities on these west coast players, however, I think he goes to Gonzaga because of their track record with transfers. Just look at this past year alone.

Apparently he went for an official at LSU starting yesterday. Was supposed to be here 8/4 and LSU 8/8 so not sure if he will still visit. I can't find anymore info on why the visit schedule changed.

Reactions: QC Cock
Seems to me that the idea he would prefer the West Coast has been debunked. So, what does LSU have that we don't have?

Seems to me that the idea he would prefer the West Coast has been debunked. So, what does LSU have that we don't have?

Read the Ben Simmons article in SI awhile back about all the money, cars, jewelry, etc he was given.

Reactions: king ward

Isn't Louisiana further west than South Carolina?

Not sure where the idea of him wanting to stay on the West Coast came from. If that was the case he would not have even given us or LSU a sniff.

Isn't Louisiana further west than South Carolina?

Not sure where the idea of him wanting to stay on the West Coast came from. If that was the case he would not have even given us or LSU a sniff.
Using that requisite, Tennessee is farther west than USC, but neither Tennessee nor LSU are "west". The suggestion of a western destination for this player is in the OP - his California background.

Using that requisite, Tennessee is farther west than USC, but neither Tennessee nor LSU are "west". The suggestion of a western destination for this player is in the OP - his California background.

So because someone ASSUMES the fact he's from California makes it gospel that he wants to stay on the west coast? Seriously?

And I never said Tennessee or LSU were west...just that LSU was more west than South Carolina. Can't help that you took an assumption as 100% truth.

So because someone ASSUMES the fact he's from California makes it gospel that he wants to stay on the west coast? Seriously?

And I never said Tennessee or LSU were west...just that LSU was more west than South Carolina. Can't help that you took an assumption as 100% truth.
Not holding you responsible but I know the difference between LSU and "west".

There might be an open window to cheat right now. I'm hearing that some presidents of some schools have gone to the NCAA and are sick of UNC and what they have been getting away with.

The NCAA is a sham and they no longer have any credibility. Schools that have the stomach for cheating are going to take it up a notch.

And you're still basing your comments on a poster saying it was his opinion that the guy might want to stay out west. There was nothing to substantiate that.
I can't speak for the poster. I suspect his hypothesis was based upon where the player had been before. He was originally from the West - California, and he was transferring from a western school - Southern Utah. That would be reasonable grounds for the poster to opine what he did. It was never presented as more than a theory. It turned out to be incorrect. That was the import of my remark in post #15. So what?

I can't speak for the poster. I suspect his hypothesis was based upon where the player had been before. He was originally from the West - California, and he was transferring from a western school - Southern Utah. That would be reasonable grounds for the poster to opine what he did. It was never presented as more than a theory. It turned out to be incorrect. That was the import of my remark in post #15. So what?

SMDH.

Reactions: 92Pony
Pretty sure this kid has a brother that plays LB for the Ravens. You would think he could have picked from a bunch of schools in that area if he wanted to be close to family.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT