ADVERTISEMENT

Rattler and Stogner Committed!

Rattler immediately became the highest-profile quarterback to ever choose USC, even more so than mid-1980s No. 1 national recruit Todd Ellis or Stephen Garcia in 2007.

Each lauded prep QBs, the two brought heavy potential with them but had never done it on a collegiate level, as Rattler has.

When Spurrier was announced as our coach, I lived in Johnson City at that time and was asked a question. I saw another poster post this in another recent thread, but I'll say it here:

Question: What do you think about SOS being your coach
Answer: At UF, I hated his guts, now he is my favorite coach in the country.

Question now: What do you think about Spencer Rattler being a Gamecock
Answer: I wasn't a fan of his based off the QB1 show on Netflix. Now, I am his biggest fan.

Question about the transfer portal? Are they immediately eligible next year, or do they lose a year of eligibility and have to wait a year like they used to? I think they are immediately eligible but I don’t remember. Also, what year are both of these guys going to be? Juniors?

Thanks!

This is AWESOME NEWS!!! If the recruiting sites can get their ranking formula updated to accurately reflect overall class rankings with transfer portal players included, this could push us into the top 10.

That would be a HUGE thing to sell to potential recruits down the road!!
We need to get him some protection and weapons. We should go out and try to get flip the OL clemtech commit from Greenville and try to flip Williams from Dutch Fork. Maybe Randall too. If we can protect Rattler and give him someone besides Vann to throw to (which I think now that he's got a QB he's gonna come back) we could make a run for the East

Question about the transfer portal? Are they immediately eligible next year, or do they lose a year of eligibility and have to wait a year like they used to? I think they are immediately eligible but I don’t remember. Also, what year are both of these guys going to be? Juniors?

Thanks!
Rattler has 3 left and Stogner has 2. Both can play immediately.

We need to get him some protection and weapons. We should go out and try to get flip the OL clemtech commit from Greenville and try to flip Williams from Dutch Fork. Maybe Randall too. If we can protect Rattler and give him someone besides Vann to throw to (which I think now that he's got a QB he's gonna come back) we could make a run for the East
Yes. We need a couple of good OL and another RB or WR. Stogner should be another receiving threat.

Reactions: cockymom2boys
Yes. We need a couple of good OL and another RB or WR. Stogner should be another receiving threat.
Yea we have got to get him or WHOEVER plays QB for us some protection. Id love another big time WR, if I had to choose between RB and WR, think we can make something work w our RB room, if, and I can not stress this enough, WE GET SOME PROTECTION.

ALSO, any idea who this other "Welcome Home" is that hasn't been announced?

Yea we have got to get him or WHOEVER plays QB for us some protection. Id love another big time WR, if I had to choose between RB and WR, think we can make something work w our RB room, if, and I can not stress this enough, WE GET SOME PROTECTION.

Not yet. But I haven't been as tuned in today, so someone else here might?

Not yet. But I haven't been as tuned in today, so someone else here might?
If we managed to get that receiver from Oklahoma also, Man! If you look down at the bottom of this forum where it suggest board topics. One is from the Insiders forum and it says some like Rattler, Stogner and Sneed. I took that to mean Jaylin Sneed from Hilton Head or wherever.. the ND commit and Mr Football. Don't know what they were talking about bc I haven't renewed my sub in a while.

Reactions: Legendary Cock

It's been heavily implied it's Theo and he'll announce tomorrow. We got three for three on an OU trio with two 5 stars.

Edit: assuming the rumors are true.

Rattler has 3 left and Stogner has 2. Both can play immediately.
Forget about that. The only way Rattler stays three years is if he plays poorly and none of us want that. He was supposed the Top NFL QB prospect this year, but it didn’t work out and Caleb Williams was on his heels for playing time. I think his plan is to come in here, tear it up, and be gone after one season.

Last edited:
Reactions: gamecockblack
Awesome!
2397da00-7b42-400d-bfec-ac0fab046c6f_text.gif

Rattler immediately became the highest-profile quarterback to ever choose USC, even more so than mid-1980s No. 1 national recruit Todd Ellis or Stephen Garcia in 2007.

Each lauded prep QBs, the two brought heavy potential with them but had never done it on a collegiate level, as Rattler has.

Rattler is a Redshirt Sophomore in 2021, will he play 2 years here and have a chance for 3 years with a year added for COVID if he wanted?

I think if he has a great year, he will be one and done here, so we need to pick up another great QB this signing day...

Forget about that. The only way Rattler stays three years is if he plays poorly and none of us want that. He was supposed the Top NFL QB prospect this year, but it didn’t work out and Caleb Williams was on his heels for playing time. I think his plan is to come in here, tear it up, and be gone after one season.
I think we all hope that's the case. But he's got 3 years if he wants them.

Reactions: cockymom2boys
Congrats, you guys have needed something really good to happen for you.
We had something really good happen when we got Shane Beamer as our coach.
And when we won 6 games this year.
And when we got chosen for a bowl game.

But thanks!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT