ADVERTISEMENT

Ray apparently is leading the coaching search

We'd be far better off with THIS Ray leading the search...

Seeff_2.jpg

Interim = Placeholder.
Logically speaking this shouldn't concern us. Yeah, I know logic doesn't appear to frequent the AD's desk.
I know what interim means and I’ve seen it turn into a deal, lasting longer than what was planned and it messed some teams up. That could happen here and we don’t need that for real. Especially coming off the route we been on the last five years.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
Ray won’t screw it up this time. He won’t have the option. 2 of the top 4 guys will take the job. He probably makes a run at a big name (Freeze, Fleck, Meyer) and then hires either Napier or Chadwell.

That’s the logical approach. Doesn’t mean it’ll be successful on the field, but that’s the right way to make this hire.

That’s why this makes sense. Not much competition out there to hire coaches. Our job looks very attractive this year compared to what else will be open.
I sure hope you're right. 🤞🤞

Reactions: Brace1
Tanner is responsible for the ridiculous buyout for a coach that no one else wanted and therefore did not need that kind of incentive. It’s
Probably the worst business decision I have ever heard of. I like Tanner as a person, but I can’t believe he is leading this charge. Insane, but what do you expect? It’s the garnet way and that always leads to failure.

My recollections are that Muschamp was the best we were able to get at the time. How much of that was due to Tanner's inability or lack of experience? Higher priority candidates did not want to come here for whatever reason. I would think it's even worse now, with the firing of another coach mid-season.
Tanner's first football HC hire was a bust, but is he any smarter than he was then? He has 5 more years under his belt but how many major program HC's has he hired since? This is the biggest hire he will make, same as in 2015, but I'm not convinced the process will go any better.

If you want top candidates you have to pay. Ray is not business savvy to do stuff like that. Top candidates pay for themselves.

Time and time again I have seen poor business acumen tank organizations and that includes presidents of Universities, politicians, ADs too. At the very top business acumen is a requirement.

Reactions: Patriot321
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT