ADVERTISEMENT

Ready for some good news...?

IMO, this freshman class is FM's best since he's been here. We are a much better team when Silva and Kotsar are playing aggressive and these young guys need their leadership. Gravett is quietly having a stellar season.

I'm not ready to start buying tickets to the final four yet but these last two games beg a question.

Something I've noticed coach Martin doing in years past is playing a lot of players trying to find the right mix heading in to the conference season. Obviously losing a game here and there does not penalize you in basketball like it would in football as far as making the postseason goes. I wouldn't call it sandbagging as much as helping the team learn what it takes to win.

Maybe the fans need to be a little more patient.

Reactions: vacock#
The great Crash Davis once said
“ you don’t mess around with a winning streak , because they don’t come around that often “
“If you’re winning because you’re breathing through your eye lids or wearing women’s underwear then you are!”

IMO, this freshman class is FM's best since he's been here. We are a much better team when Silva and Kotsar are playing aggressive and these young guys need their leadership. Gravett is quietly having a stellar season.

You're right on the money with all of this. Gravett is ego-free and coming off the bench with really aggressive play and it's rubbing off on the rest of the team. Lawson and Bryant are cornerstones. They will be all-conference players one day.

The great Crash Davis once said
“ you don’t mess around with a winning streak , because they don’t come around that often “
“If you’re winning because you’re breathing through your eye lids or wearing women’s underwear then you are!”

I hear you but I thought we all needed something positive to focus on for a while.

I hear you but I thought we all needed something positive to focus on for a while.
I’m with you, haven’t had a winning streak in BBall for a little while, all streaks start at 3& we see where they go.

I was scared about this season & to breath a little life back into it is great. I’m extremely hopeful we can surge above.500 & beyond but I am still a little cautious for now, optimistic but cautious.

Optimism was off the table for a bit there so I am glad to have it back

Reactions: 92Pony
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT