ADVERTISEMENT

Really miss Heath Cline on 107.5- such a mess now

DeeDave

Oct 11, 2021
I admit, I almost never listen to 107.5. But I've listened to them less this football season than ever before.

I listened to the station for about 10 mins a few mins ago - that's the first time I've listened to them in 2 weeks. In previous football seasons, I'd listen to them a few hours a day.

They are impossible to listen to - just flat out impossible. It's like amateur hour.

Heath Cline's perspective- and perspective on national sports is SORELY missed.

Terry Ford clearly works hard. But he is to Heath Cline like my quarterback skills are to Josh Allen. Terry, bless the guy, talks way too much, is erratic, and seems to repeat what anyone of us would say if we were on the air.

Heath had fresh takes on things.

They REALLY need to get someone like Heath on the air. I just can't listen at all.

It's horrible. I haven't listened in a long, long time. Is that Jay (I've got 3 daughter's y'all) dude still on there talking about all the really cool concerts he's been to?

Yeah. Wonder how he feels about Colorado

It would have been great to hear him about the MLB playoffs, the Braves fiasco, the NFL, - and yes- Colorado.

He'd also have some good insight into various sports figures, sports media folks, etc..

it's pathetic now.

It's horrible. I haven't listened in a long, long time. Is that Jay (I've got 3 daughter's y'all) dude still on there talking about all the really cool concerts he's been to?

The last time I listened to Jay was earlier in the season. Terry Ford kept cutting him off repeatedly, Jay could barely get out a few sentences without Terry interjecting.

Just very bad radio.

Jay has always been pretty tiring but he will offer some decent takes during football season at times- or at least he did when I use to listen in years past during football season.

But when I flipped by earlier in the season, he could barely speak without Terry talking or trying to add something that was totally unnecessary.

As poor as Jay is, he's 1000% better than Terry Ford.

If I manage that station's on air talent, I let Jay do that show by himself most of the time. He's been doing this for decades. He doesn't need Terry Ford to chime in all the time.

I just can't listen at all. It's stunning to me they can't self assess themselves any better.

Reactions: 92Pony
They should hire Tyler Cupp and give him a show. He works for WRHI in Rock Hill.

Tyler helps out on 107.5 with Gamecock tailgate shows now. Tyler use to call Lugoff-Elgin games for 102.7 in Camden. He was on air there a lot.

He's a good guy and knows his stuff. He's from West Virginia (I think) but has followed the Gamecocks for years and years now.

and he's got a strong knowledge of all sports.

The last time I listened to Jay was earlier in the season. Terry Ford kept cutting him off repeatedly, Jay could barely get out a few sentences without Terry interjecting.

Just very bad radio.

Jay has always been pretty tiring but he will offer some decent takes during football season at times- or at least he did when I use to listen in years past during football season.

But when I flipped by earlier in the season, he could barely speak without Terry talking or trying to add something that was totally unnecessary.

As poor as Jay is, he's 1000% better than Terry Ford.

If I manage that station's on air talent, I let Jay do that show by himself most of the time. He's been doing this for decades. He doesn't need Terry Ford to chime in all the time.

I just can't listen at all. It's stunning to me they can't self assess themselves any better.
I haven't listened in so long, I dont even know who Terry Ford is. For me to not listen, it has to be horrible. I'm 60 years old and a diehard Gamecock. I'm also a radio junkie. I have a few apps on my phone that allow me to listen to radio stations with the click of a button. There's no way I listen to 107.5.

I haven't listened in so long, I dont even know who Terry Ford is. For me to not listen, it has to be horrible. I'm 60 years old and a diehard Gamecock. I'm also a radio junkie. I have a few apps on my phone that allow me to listen to radio stations with the click of a button. There's no way I listen to 107.5.

Terry seems like a nice guy the times I've listened. But to me he is a behind the scenes guy. He's the Program Director there. He'd be fine as a fill in/sub host but ... oh well. Not worth talking about it since I really don't even listen.

Yes it's a lot more podcast and music now for me since Heath left, I had to tune in 680 the fan atlanta to get some Braves playoff talk, sad! The fair is in town, so you guessed it most of the morning show was fair food talk, just like every year prior. Amazing, we've got the local mlb team in a big playoff matchup and the biggest football game of the year for the gamecocks and we're talking about corndogs!

Columbia sports radio used to be good awhile back. Most of the best talent has left the market.
Good news is with streaming, I know longer HAVE to listen to 1075 in Columbia. Streaming shows are better. Inside The Gamecocks is the best show I've heard in the state right now. I think it's on 12-3, but I just stream it on the way home from work. 1075 isn't even in my rotation anymore.

Reactions: FORKCOCK
Amazing how 107.5 is a mirror-image of our football team... no sarcasm intended.

I was riding with someone this morning and they flipped it onto 107.5 for a few mins. The host was talking about how our running attacked looked good against Florida. Then he was talking about our RB getting a shot at the NFL- as if that matters a crap on Monday after the way we lost to Florida at home.

The way he was talking, you'd think we were Oklahoma under Barry Switzer in the mid 80s.

That station is pathetic. Thankfully, my friend turned the station. Its pure propaganda.

I was never a fan of Heath's condescending attitude - If you had any opinion that was counter to his, he was like, "Okay man, if that's what you want to think", or, "okay pal. You do you"..... I don't deny his prep and knowledge - they were money. The dude knew what he was talking about and was well-prepared. Regardless, I agree that he was far and away superior to everyone else on there - of course, that's a relatively low bar. LOL!!
Terry is the worst of the bunch though - If I flip by and hear his voice, I can't grab the next preset fast enough. <shudder>

Quit listening after Heath left. Have no idea who is on now but I'm sure it's hot garbage.
10-15 years ago I always tuned into 107.5 while driving from the upstate to Charleston every week. Most of the time it was mostly commercials and talk of how somebody’s golf game was the previous day. I gave up listening to sports radio on any media outlet — those supposed in the know personalities know as much about sports as my next door neighbor. I get more sports info watching YouTube videos of regular guys discussing sports than anything else.

I was never a fan of Heath's condescending attitude - If you had any opinion that was counter to his, he was like, "Okay man, if that's what you want to think", or, "okay pal. You do you"..... I don't deny his prep and knowledge - they were money. The dude knew what he was talking about and was well-prepared. Regardless, I agree that he was far and away superior to everyone else on there - of course, that's a relatively low bar. LOL!!
Terry is the worst of the bunch though - If I flip by and hear his voice, I can't grab the next preset fast enough. <shudder>
Usually Heath only went to these retorts when the caller was outrageous. Heath was the best here by far. JMO

Reactions: cockn'fyr
I haven't listened to 107.5 in a few weeks. Unheard of 5 years ago during football season.

Terry Ford proves that ANYONE can do a radio show. Lousy voice? Sure.

Repeat the same topics over and over? Of course

Appear on multiple shows during the day with the same awful radio voice? We call that the "Terry Ford"

Talk all over your co-host? Terry Ford signature move.

Reactions: 92Pony
Man, it's Carolina/Clemson week and I get NOTHING of substance game-wise from the morning show, but I am well-versed in Thanksgiving dinner!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT