ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting is the most important thing. Heck, Clemson started outrecruiting us while we were

beating them 5 yrs. in a row. Whatever they started doing up there, minus the bag man, we should try to emulate it.Our lack of it shows and it has obviously affected our depth. We are young so I still think the future is bright as long as recruiting is good.

Yep, that's the problem... AND why USC is one of the toughest jobs in the nation. Traditionally, UGA, UF, and Tenn all recruit much better than USC. So Clemson aside, you are looking at 3 games a year that you are the underdog. That's a tough row to hoe.

"Whatever they are doing up there we should just do it too." LOL great plan. You can pick your job at any school in America if you can figure that one out

beating them 5 yrs. in a row. Whatever they started doing up there, minus the bag man, we should try to emulate it.Our lack of it shows and it has obviously affected our depth. We are young so I still think the future is bright as long as recruiting is good.
I've said it before and I'll say it again...Facilities.

Reactions: E-Cut_22
Don't know how many times i have to post this..You cannot recruit at the level our fans want without cheating...Didn't the recent FBI probe prove me right..You think it's just basketball coaches using brokers and shoe companies to corral star players

What we need to do is hire one of their coaches or anyone on the inside so they can show us what to do. Instead of ratting on them just use the info to better ourselves. If you can't beat them join them.

Don't know how many times i have to post this..You cannot recruit at the level our fans want without cheating...Didn't the recent FBI probe prove me right..You think it's just basketball coaches using brokers and shoe companies to corral star players

. . . and I feel the same way about this related subject > and you can't/won't cheat without the balls to do it. If you worry about what the local paper, politicians, preachers, do-gooders, Clemson fans, denominational school fans, etal think or say, then you will NEVER have the balls to 'do recruitin' right!' - I rest my case!

. . . and I feel the same way about this related subject > and you can't/won't cheat without the balls to do it. If you worry about what the local paper, politicians, preachers, do-gooders, Clemson fans, denominational school fans, etal think or say, then you will NEVER have the balls to 'do recruitin' right!' - I rest my case!

AMEN BRUTHA!!! Either do whats required to win...Or stop crying about losing

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
The game has become so dirty that you have to get into the slop and honestly I do not want to be a part of that. I think keeping a little respect is more important.

What we need to do is hire one of their coaches or anyone on the inside so they can show us what to do. Instead of ratting on them just use the info to better ourselves. If you can't beat them join them.
Heck, before we got Wolford, I wanted us to go throw $1.5 million at Caldwell and have him try to turn that down...for reasons other than cheating in recruiting.

Wouldn't you think that any of their recruiting targets that didn't sign with them could tell us their tricks? Were Clowney or Lattimore recruited by Clemson? I'd guess they'd have used all their tricks on them so my guess would be that we already have people on the inside who can tell us how they're swaying 5-star recruits.

I ran into Demetrius Summers once at a gas station before he signed L.O.I. I gave him $100 and told him to fill it up and take his girl out to dinner. I also said I hope to see you playing for the Gamecocks.

I figure this is what the Clemson and other schools do so I waa doing my part. We need more people on board.

However I've traveled all over the country, I'm in sales, and I find that the people in Columbia are just cheap. They are very tight with their money. Not the case in Greenville or Charleston or any other state or city I've been too. Just my experience

I ran into Demetrius Summers once at a gas station before he signed L.O.I. I gave him $100 and told him to fill it up and take his girl out to dinner. I also said I hope to see you playing for the Gamecocks.

Now that was a great investment, wasn't it?

The petty attacks on Carolina coaches by its fickle fans do not help. Clemson fans I think treat their coaches better. As I remember Frank Howard had a losing record against the Gamecocks but he was considered a legend and loved and revered by Clemson fans.
And Carolina can never decide if it wants to be a football school or a basketball school or a baseball school. We flirted with real basketball success with Frank McGuire but that fizzled. We did great for a while with Ray Tanner but reverted to our old Carolina ways and trashed Holbrook out of Columbia.
I think many of the top recruits are reminded of Carolina's history of abusing its coaches by rival athletic programs and it has an impact on their considerations.

The petty attacks on Carolina coaches by its fickle fans do not help. Clemson fans I think treat their coaches better. As I remember Frank Howard had a losing record against the Gamecocks but he was considered a legend and loved and revered by Clemson fans.
And Carolina can never decide if it wants to be a football school or a basketball school or a baseball school. We flirted with real basketball success with Frank McGuire but that fizzled. We did great for a while with Ray Tanner but reverted to our old Carolina ways and trashed Holbrook out of Columbia.
I think many of the top recruits are reminded of Carolina's history of abusing its coaches by rival athletic programs and it has an impact on their considerations.
We're not anything compared to UGA and UT fans. They can be absolutely devastating on coaches.

By the way, Clemson fans are the ones who put "For Sale" signs in the front of a coach's yard. And IIRC also hired a moving van to park in front of it. That's pretty darn harsh.

Wouldn't you think that any of their recruiting targets that didn't sign with them could tell us their tricks? Were Clowney or Lattimore recruited by Clemson? I'd guess they'd have used all their tricks on them so my guess would be that we already have people on the inside who can tell us how they're swaying 5-star recruits.
Clemson or any program w with a clue isn't going to explain the ins and out to the recruits. That's why people hire good people from other good teams.

Question I can't figure out. All the so called experts have always said this is one of the toughest jobs in the Nation. The program right up the road is now considered one of the best and has always been considered a good job. We share the same State but its amazing the difference in success between the 2 programs in a small State.

Question I can't figure out. All the so called experts have always said this is one of the toughest jobs in the Nation. The program right up the road is now considered one of the best and has always been considered a good job. We share the same State but its amazing the difference in success between the 2 programs in a small State.

Agreed, we are the flagship state school. 100 miles apart? Something like that? The piss poor results over time are mind boggling. I don't know why gamecock fans have never really demanded good football. At least that is my observation. Have to wonder if politics play a role.

I figure this is what the Clemson and other schools do so I waa doing my part. We need more people on board.

However I've traveled all over the country, I'm in sales, and I find that the people in Columbia are just cheap. They are very tight with their money. Not the case in Greenville or Charleston or any other state or city I've been too. Just my experience

Ok. I call BS. And, very few of our recruits come from Columbia, so your point about people in Columbia being too cheap to buy recruits is nonsensical.

Agreed, we are the flagship state school. 100 miles apart? Something like that? The piss poor results over time are mind boggling. I don't know why gamecock fans have never really demanded good football. At least that is my observation. Have to wonder if politics play a role.

Yeah and on top of that we have great facilities and getting better with the new complex. SC has a larger State following than Clemson. It's frustrating because there shouldn't be that kind of gap historically.

Yeah and on top of that we have great facilities and getting better with the new complex. SC has a larger State following than Clemson. It's frustrating because there shouldn't be that kind of gap historically.
Politics used to play a big role...and on at least one occasion our Administration used to use the athletic department as a petty cash drawer. Clemson seemed to be immune from that...perhaps because their Board was more independent from the state than ours.

We're not anything compared to UGA and UT fans. They can be absolutely devastating on coaches.

By the way, Clemson fans are the ones who put "For Sale" signs in the front of a coach's yard. And IIRC also hired a moving van to park in front of it. That's pretty darn harsh.
I'm a Chiefs fan and a few years ago the fans took up money to have a plane fly a banner around the stadium wanting everyone fired and the QB benched.

The game has become so dirty that you have to get into the slop and honestly I do not want to be a part of that. I think keeping a little respect is more important.

How much respect do you get winning 6-7 games per year...No one plays for a little respect, you play to win...Boosters don't donate money nor buy tickets for a little respect...They support the programs effort because we are led to believe they are in it to win...You have to be fully committed to winning..To win we must do whatever it takes and be smart enough to get away with it...The blueprint is already out there...

Clemons has always been totally committed to winning no matter how much they have to cheat...They go all the way, whatever it takes...We at times have cheated a little...Yet we have been hit by the NCAA the same as those that cheat a lot...We need to go all the way or stop the pretense..You cannot be a consistent national contender without cheating...It's just not possible...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT