ADVERTISEMENT

Recteq Pellet

Jbouton2

Jun 27, 2020
Anyone own one of these? Opinions on product needed. TIA
Currently use Weber Smokey Mountain which I like. Just shopping around....

Reactions: Ratheolcoach
Love it. Best pellet grill out there, just expensive. You can't go wrong because it's built like a tank and has the best warranty and customer service in the industry. They do stand behind the product and will take care of your investment. No, I don't work for them, but I have delt with them and speak from experience.

I wanted a pellet grill so bad, but once I realized you had to have power for it to work I decided against them. That's kind of my point of having a grill is to cook if there's ever any power issues.

Anyone own one of these? Opinions on product needed. TIA
Currently use Weber Smokey Mountain which I like. Just shopping around....
I have had the 700 for 2 years. I also have had the Weber smoker for 10 yrs+. The RecTec is built like a tank and the support team is excellent! Bought the RecTec for the convenience and the ability to handle larger cooks(brisket, etc). As far as flavor, I prefer the charcoal/wood flavor over the pellets. But it is so nice to put a brisket on before you go to bed, set the temperature and forget it- no babysitting.

I have a kamado Joe and a rec teq 700. I love the Joe for the charcoal and wood flavor but I cook with the rec teq all the time during the week. I fire it up on the app on my way home from work and drop the meat on when I walk in the door. Kamado Joe took too long for weeknight meals. I still love the Joe though for Smokey flavor.

Reactions: Ratheolcoach
I'm doing the pellet grill research now, not going with the cadillac though! in the $500 range looks like Pit Boss or Z grill for me! They all seem built like a tank to me.

I would think they all smoke pretty much the same, but I also want it to get to a high temp. to sear a steak! I like all the bells and whistles, but you're going to pay for them.

I have had the 700 for 2 years. I also have had the Weber smoker for 10 yrs+. The RecTec is built like a tank and the support team is excellent! Bought the RecTec for the convenience and the ability to handle larger cooks(brisket, etc). As far as flavor, I prefer the charcoal/wood flavor over the pellets. But it is so nice to put a brisket on before you go to bed, set the temperature and forget it- no babysitting.
I was told charcoal flavor pellets by someone today after I posted initially. I researching if so now. If so, have heard of these?TIA

Price point is always a huge factor. I believe Recteq is the best value but that may be because I have one. I had a Traeger for many years that finally died and my RT700 is far superior to my Traeger. If cost was not a big issue I would probably have bought an American made MAK pellet but I cant justify what they cost. I used to brew beer and the ingredients are more important than the vessels used. I feel this is the same in smoking. Better pellets make a better outcome. I would suggest avoiding Traeger's pellets. JMI.

From my research before I bought, it sounded like recteq, Yoder and mak were the best options and recteq, while still expensive, had the best price point. I’ve been very happy with mine.

Price point is always a huge factor. I believe Recteq is the best value but that may be because I have one. I had a Traeger for many years that finally died and my RT700 is far superior to my Traeger. If cost was not a big issue I would probably have bought an American made MAK pellet but I cant justify what they cost. I used to brew beer and the ingredients are more important than the vessels used. I feel this is the same in smoking. Better pellets make a better outcome. I would suggest avoiding Traeger's pellets. JMI.
What about the smoking? I've heard that it is difficult to generate a good smoke with the pellet grills. That is one reason I went with the BGE.

It’s not nearly as smoky as my kamado Joe with charcoal and wood chunks. At extreme smoke level, I think it’s around 180, it puts out a good bit of smoke using 100% oak or hickory pellets. Still not as smoky as I would prefer but convenience outweighs that. We add a pellet tray sometimes to get extra smoky and that helps a lot.

Reactions: rogue cock
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT