ADVERTISEMENT

Regarding Missouri....

NooNoo

Jan 27, 2002
.....forgive me but can someone give me a brief synopsis on why all of the Missouri hate is flowing? Is it related to women’s basketball? Sorry I don’t watch it. I will say, they are definitely an oddball in the sec a la Maryland in the big 10 or West Virginia in the sec. Obviously something happened.

.....forgive me but can someone give me a brief synopsis on why all of the Missouri hate is flowing? Is it related to women’s basketball? Sorry I don’t watch it. I will say, they are definitely an oddball in the sec a la Maryland in the big 10 or West Virginia in the sec. Obviously something happened.
This thread has potential...

I wish I could help you but I’m not a big follower of the sport either and all I know I’ve read here on this site. I’ll let someone else that is in the know explain it. But I agree with your last sentence.

It's all over the internet. Bottom line is the Mizzou is a dirty, racist athletic department. Game 1 at their place was brutal and Dawn was ejected. Game at CLA resulted in a fight over a loose ball. Two Mizzou girls ejected. Then ugly, unjustified accusations about our atmosphere by their AD Sterk. Just Google Mizzou AD Sterk.

It's all over the internet. Bottom line is the Mizzou is a dirty, racist athletic department. Game 1 at their place was brutal and Dawn was ejected. Game at CLA resulted in a fight over a loose ball. Two Mizzou girls ejected. Then ugly, unjustified accusations about our atmosphere by their AD Sterk. Just Google Mizzou AD Sterk.

Ok, thanks. Just not a sport i follow.

Yup. About on par with tennis and golf.

That's out of portion with the importance of the sport to our university, you must strive to improve your "caring level" ;-) we are basically now at war with Mizzo , as such , we need all hands on deck.

And don't forget that A'ja fouled out in the first game and only played about half of the game even after a couple of uppercuts from the Mizzou lassies that were not called.

And #3 for Mizzou threw a couple of haymakers when she waded into the scrum. She wasn't even in the tie-up for the ball.

This whole thing is so preposterous. Ugh. Sheer disgust for anything Mizzou right now. :mad:

GOCOCKS! BEATTAM! BEATARK!

That's out of portion with the importance of the sport to our university, you must strive to improve your "caring level" ;-) we are basically now at war with Mizzo , as such , we need all hands on deck.

Meh, not saying you or anyone else shouldn’t care. Just don’t care about women’s basketball. Actually, hope we win any and every game we play in any sport i suppose. Just was away for a few days and see this uproar. Unless it’s football, basketball, and to a much lesser extent doesn’t matter to me. Missouri in the sec never made sense. Would have rather had West Virginia. Whatever, spring practice is around the corner.

Go watch the replays of our first game at Mizzou. Really bad fouls not called against them and clear provocations and dirty play by their starters. I love this burgeoning rivalry. We needed something like this.

Ok, so you don't follow women's basketball. Do you read newspapers? Listen to the radio? Watch local news? Know people who keep up with Gamecock sports?

You don't have to be a huge women's basketball fan to know, generally, what is going on with the Mizzou situation. Seems more to me like you are trying to make a point about what you perceive to be the irrelevance of the sport. Just my read.

Ok, so you don't follow women's basketball. Do you read newspapers? Listen to the radio? Watch local news? Know people who keep up with Gamecock sports?

You don't have to be a huge women's basketball fan to know, generally, what is going on with the Mizzou situation. Seems more to me like you are trying to make a point about what you perceive to be the irrelevance of the sport. Just my read.

Sure, but if it’s not football, basketball, or baseball related i don’t read about it nor would women’s basketball come up in a conversation about the gamecocks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT