ADVERTISEMENT

Regional hosting math

Alan Cole

Beat Reporter
Gold Member
Jul 10, 2022
Hey everyone, hope you had a good Monday. I did some math on the history of SEC teams on the regional hosting bubble, what thresholds teams usually have to reach to host, and how Hoover factors into it. As always, thanks for reading.

This team will be, at best, a two seed in Winston Salem. Hell it is really gonna suck to have to play in Pickens, but is a distinct possibility.
Any field we play at will be larger than ours. Not good for a team that relies on the long ball.

Reactions: cockofdawn
If you can't beat Charlotte or North Florida, I don't think it really matters where we play. The worst scenario is to be #2 at Clemson. Clemson will take us to the woodshed right now.

I was doubtful of hosting. I also will add, before the season started if we made the Super Regional round, this season would be a success.
I think we have just enough arms to win a SR. If we are fortunate to make Omaha I don't think we have enough arms, especially coming out of the losers bracket.
So now, I've open myself up to be called wrong, not a true fan etc 😁😏

If the Gators win today we’ll play them in the Super Regional in Gainesville. Although we swept them during the regular season I don’t think we can take two games at their place. Hope I’m wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: cockofdawn
If you can't beat Charlotte or North Florida, I don't think it really matters where we play. The worst scenario is to be #2 at Clemson. Clemson will take us to the woodshed right now.
The Taters were paddled by the Vols!! I don’t believe they would beat us THIS weekend even once!!!!!😜

I was doubtful of hosting. I also will add, before the season started if we made the Super Regional round, this season would be a success.
I think we have just enough arms to win a SR. If we are fortunate to make Omaha I don't think we have enough arms, especially coming out of the losers bracket.
So now, I've open myself up to be called wrong, not a true fan etc 😁😏
If South Carolina have to play Campbell today who would be South Carolina's starter? Austin? Thomas?

If the Gators win today we’ll play them in the Super Regional in Gainesville. Although we swept them during the regular season I don’t think we can take two games at their place. Hope I’m wrong.
After five innings UF is up six runs. Looks like we’re headed to Gainesville.

I hope Texas can play South Carolina in the world series. Texas has a good, but not great baseball team this year. Some good pitching, but not nearly as good a hitters as last year. Not a team I expect to win the world series. I hope we beat Stanford to get there. The winner probably takes this year's Director's Cup. If you don't know the Director's Cup, it is the overall winner in college sports considering all sports both men and women's. North Carolina won the first cup in 1993-94, and Stanford won the next 25 years. Yes, 25 years in a row. Texas dethroned Stanford finally in 2021 and has won the last two years. So this year is big.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NACDA_Directors'_Cup

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT