ADVERTISEMENT

Rerun of 1984 at CU game

Hard to believe that’s closing in on 40 years ago.

I was at that game sitting in the west end zone when our kicker missed the extra point that would have given us the win. Clemson was off sides on that kick and we got a replay and he make it the second time. You talk about udder excitement on our part and tears for those lovely tigers, doesn't get any better than that.
Udder excitement. Nice.;)

I didn’t think it was. Weren’t we in victory formation and this happened after Hold took a knee?
It's questionable. Hold never went down. Just backward and handed the ball to WP with time still on the clock. No whistle had been blown. We used to talk about it a lot when I worked at the Athletic Department that he could have very well picked up the ball and ran.

It's questionable. Hold never went down. Just backward and handed the ball to WP with time still on the clock. No whistle had been blown. We used to talk about it a lot when I worked at the Athletic Department that he could have very well picked up the ball and ran.
Wow. As many times as I've seen that clip, I never even thought about that possibility.

Didn’t we lose to Navy the week before because many of the players were hung over after partying the night before: true or false?

sorry, I have no idea we lost to Navy. Anyone have any firsthand information?

Didn’t we lose to Navy the week before because many of the players were hung over after partying the night before: true or false?

sorry, I have no idea we lost to Navy. Anyone have any firsthand information?
That game should not be discussed.

Thank heavens William Perry didn't realize that was a live ball Mike Hold was handing him.
That’s kind of a stretch; you can clearly see the referee putting the whistle in his mouth as he comes running in. Didn’t look like the players thought it was a live ball either.

Didn't matter. Couldn't advance a fumble then, right? Same thing happened in the 86 uga game. They dropped the ball, USC recovered but time had run out.

Reactions: kidrobinski
I was in the end zone as well with my future wife of many years. Greatest game ever attended, not even close.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT