ADVERTISEMENT

Respect for Clemson

classof95#

GarnetTrust.com Member/Supporter
Gold Member
Sep 30, 2001
They're playing tough and with determination. Gallman and Watson fighting to extend plays.

I wish both teams could lose, however I'm impressed with CU.

For the record, I'm a Gamecock grad and long time fan. Never liked CU or Bama.

It's simply childish to keep trashing on this Clemson team. You may not like your neighbor or coworker jackass who roots for Clemson. But the Tigers football team is a top 5 caliber team and anyone who says they couldn't be a contender in the SEC is just being dishonest.

See you in 2016 Tigers. USC has something building for ya.

They're playing tough and with determination. Gallman and Watson fighting to extend plays.

You don't have to defend yourself..............as bad as we want the taters to lose, I think we all know they're a good team. I don't want them to be, but for now they are tough. They will be tough next year, but when Watson leaves the playing field will change. He, like Cam Newton, are proof an outstanding player at that position can be game changers.

But the bar is officially set in our conference and in our state. If the Gamecocks want to be top dog in the SEC or in SC....we're watching the standard our team will have to meet.

We saw the "standard" in Williams Brice. A game in which the difference was the QB, a walk on v. the Heisman runner up. Watson is their everything and make them a difficult out. I have respect for his skills. That's it where they are concerned.

So glad they lost. They won't make it back next year.

no no no

Of course I wanted Clemron to lose, and am glad they did. Having said that, I think they could compete with anyone in the SEC.

Playing the best brings out the best in you.
Agree. I just heard that they returned 1 OL and 1 DL this year. Pretty damn good.

a loss is a loss is a loss..they would have zero SEC conference titles right now if they played in the SEC week in and week out. Hell they wouldn't have even been in this game if they were in the SEC this year..

Clemson's players left it all out there and have nothing to hang their heads over. Kudos to them. That being said, I bet Dabo won't be dancing in the locker room tonight. It probably kills him that his prepared "aw shucks" 45 minute postgame victory speech went unrealized. Boo hoo too bad.

Entertaining championship game for sure.

Reactions: atl-cock
I love it. Clemson beat us by 5. They lose to Bama by 5. But we'll how close they are. lolz. Suck it, Dabo.[/QUOT. In Dabo's world, that means we were only 10 points away from a national championship.

They beat us by 5 freaking points. Are they good ? Sure. But don't act like They dominated our 3-9 team. We have a staff now that can recruit and coach

Let me crap in one hand and carry that respect in the other. Now what do I have to show for myself ?

It's simply childish to keep trashing on this Clemson team. You may not like your neighbor or coworker jackass who roots for Clemson. But the Tigers football team is a top 5 caliber team and anyone who says they couldn't be a contender in the SEC is just being dishonest.

See you in 2016 Tigers. USC has something building for ya.
Clemson played good, never quit but here is a question for you, If Clemson had to follow this game and play Arkansas next week followed by LSU and then Ole Miss with the week in and week out pounding do you think they would contend for the SEC? I don't. Here is why I counted 7 Clemson players who were shaken up in this game. 1 did not return, 1 more had to go to the locker room for treatment, the other were not the same even though they continued to play. I saw 1 Alabama player with 1:04 to play after a kickoff being helped off the field. This is why the SEC has won 8 of the last 10 and played in 9 of the 10. Playing in the SEC makes the teams with the depth to survive battle tested. Clemson can compete when its one game but can they compete through an 8 game SEC schedule.

Reactions: GarnetGhost
Respect to Clemson, but I'm just glad now we have a governor that will work 100% for her remaining time in office. Is that harsh? Yes, but after hearing her on Finebaum and sportstalk, etc. I was extremely disappointed. I understand that is her team, but 2015 was a terrible year for SC and we needed people focused on their job and not a sports team! Thank you, Alabama, mainly so we can focus on our infrastructure and not hosting a parade.

Reactions: Cock_Donor
Exactly, he was terrible tonight. Like to see him survive against florida ,tennessee, a@m, and mizzou. All of those teams have sec defenses

I hate quempsum too much to ever have any respect for them. Especially, after the rant.

Reactions: System of a Cock
Yes, let's give Clemson credit for an awesome year. To answer a posters question, no, Clemson would not be able to handle an SEC schedule week end week out and remain undefeated. Let's be real, they would have won a lot of games this year in the SEC.

. The number of players that leave the game due to injuries does not necessarily prove who's tougher.

I mean look at carolinas schedule this year, no way the tigers could have handled that gauntlet. They would have probably even lost to north carolina and lost to clemson by more than 5 pts

One loss and we are talking about some one other than Clemson tonight.

Clemson played good, never quit but here is a question for you, If Clemson had to follow this game and play Arkansas next week followed by LSU and then Ole Miss with the week in and week out pounding do you think they would contend for the SEC? I don't. Here is why I counted 7 Clemson players who were shaken up in this game. 1 did not return, 1 more had to go to the locker room for treatment, the other were not the same even though they continued to play. I saw 1 Alabama player with 1:04 to play after a kickoff being helped off the field. This is why the SEC has won 8 of the last 10 and played in 9 of the 10. Playing in the SEC makes the teams with the depth to survive battle tested. Clemson can compete when its one game but can they compete through an 8 game SEC schedule.
This is an impressively stupid post, so congrats.

I saw why the 'Bama player was carried off the field. He caught a knee to the head, probably has a concussion.

This is an impressively stupid post, so congrats.
Thank you, I replied to the post that said Clemson would have competed for the SEC. I was simply pointing out how they were getting beat up from the physical play and was asking if they could do that every week. So if you think that is stupid, well you are entitled to your opinion but your post tells me all I need to know about you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT